iPad/iPad mini SD card camera adapter question

Discussion in 'iPad mini with retina display' started by radtechy, Jan 23, 2014.

1. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

I searched in a few forums for this topic I and couldn't find anything.

I read that this adapter won't work since ios7 came out....can anyone verify this.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've seen where many have issues with the SD Card Reader or Camera Reader not working with iOS 7. Some had luck with the 16 gb but not the 32 gb and up. But I have no idea if it's been fixed.

3. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

How about with the USB to camera one? I have a 32 gig card so that rules that out. But maybe with a 32 inside the camera using USB maybe it will be different

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Google "Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader".

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

If you look at the product on Apple's site under Q&A, you can see a few folks complaining about it not working with iOS 7.

"Well I can tell you from my experience today that it is not working as expected on a up-to-date iPad Mini on iOS 7 and a normal SD card from our Nikon camera."

and another

"Bought the item attempted to use with my I5 and found it does not support the device, and went back online and saw after iOS7 release it will work with 5s and 5c"

6. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks Chris.

I did read about the problems. I was hoping that it was either dependent on their SD cards or the first release of iOS 7.

So that means they still haven't fixed it and I have a Nikon also....which means I would be on the same boat