iPad mini 2 retina to be in short supply, if at all

Discussion in 'iPad mini with retina display' started by chris, Oct 2, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

This isn't good. Supply sources say that Apple has just started production of the iPad mini 2. If it's available this year, it will be in short supply.

Given the way the iPhone 5s has been sold out everywhere, I'm not surprised. This could be even worse. Forget about trying to get a gold iPad mini 2 this Christmas, unless you get your camping gear out today.

#1 chris, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Lisa22

Lisa22 Member
    Bronze

I heard there's not going to be a retina display.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's an old rumor. The new one is that it will have it.

4. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

What new Apple device isn't in short supply when they come out? Seems like this is basically the norm. Microsoft is having the same issue with the Surface 2 and it hasn't even hit stores yet :eek:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57606040-94/microsofts-new-surface-tablets-close-to-selling-out/

The bs meter is running pretty high that the Surface 2 would actually be in high demand after their $900 million write off on the first model. I love the statement saying "it's unclear how many tablets Microsoft made and what "close to selling out" actually means."

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I noticed that now Microsoft is telling the developers that they need apps. :D

6. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold