iPad Mini cant restore due to corrupted DL

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by James554, Apr 13, 2014.

1. James554

James554 New Member

Last night i thought i would take a chance and jailbreak (evasi0n), after doing the whole process it said done and my ipad began to start a reboot loop, i left it like that for a hour to see if it would stop to no avail, i then tried to put it into recovery mode, since it was connected to the computer, iTunes said that it detected a device in recovery or something, so then i clicked restore and it began to download the latest firmware, when it finishes, a message came up saying that the download was corrupted, i have retried the DL many times again for it to not work, HELP!

2. James554

James554 New Member

please Help ;(

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Please don't bump your thread. Someone is sure to see it as the day goes on. Thanks.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This problem may have occurred because you did an OTA update. OTA updates cause problems with the jailbreak. Always do full updates in iTunes if you intend on jailbreaking.

You will not be able to jailbreak after you restore since there isn't a jailbreak available for 7.1.

To fix this you will need to delete the corrupt ipsw/firmware file on your computer and then select restore in iTunes. This will download the file again. I'll list the ipsw file location.

Mac OS X:

~/Library/iTunes/iPad Software Updates

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates

Windows Vista, 7 and 8:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates