iPad Mini Folio Cases

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by ClarkKent724, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ClarkKent724

ClarkKent724 Member
    Bronze

So I've narrowed my search down to a folio case. I figure, why not have a forum where we can talk about them exclusively? For me, this is going to be the best bet since it will offer front and back protection while also keeping a thin one-hand-holdable device (hopefully). I don't want something thick and bulky and I am not really a fan of the folios with holes in them to allow the Apple Logo to show. However, I will be concerned if the backs of these cases scratch the black iPad Mini when it is snapped into place. Only time will tell.

The problem is that there are just so many different types of folios and it can be a little overwhelming. I've been on Amazon for quite awhile trying to find the case that really jumps out at me, and I have seen a couple really nice leather ones. I think some great deals can be found with many of the cases selling for uner $20, but I really just want to get a nice case from a reputable company, and not some cheap case that might scratch my device up. Any insight, advice, or opinions, will be greatly appreciated. As you get your cases (and if they are folios) please post 'em and let us know what you think!

2. ClarkKent724

ClarkKent724 Member
    Bronze

I have been taking my time to find the right case and I have finally found the one. It came tonight and I just slipped it on my mini for the first time. This thing rocks!

1.JPG

It is listed on Amazon as:
    MoKo Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio Cover Case for Apple iPad Mini 7.9 Inch Tablet, BLACK(with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep Feature)

It's snug around the mini, it has a great feel to it, and definitely makes the mini easier to hold. I do have 3 little gripes with it though: I could do without the stylus loop holder, the clasp flap is kind of tight (definitely keeps the lid secured when closed), and typing on this thing while it is at its widest angle isn't very comfortable (plus the clasp flap can get in the way). I'll just stick with typing on my lap. More pictures are incoming.

3. ClarkKent724

ClarkKent724 Member
    Bronze

4. ClarkKent724

ClarkKent724 Member
    Bronze

It's also worth mentioning that I have small hands so the hand strap works perfect for me. It will be a really tight fit for big hands. Also, the little black elastic band is great for keeping the front cover secured as it is folded back.
    11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG

It's a really great case and for $6.98 (as of now) it is a steal.

Cheers.

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I've found this one, but $45 seems a little steep.

6. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

So far the best luck I've had is just going to amazon and searching for "iPad mini folio". There are some decent cheap options there. Many even around $5-$15. I'll probably try one of those.

7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

8. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

When it was $5 it was great. Currently it's $13 plus shipping and for that money there are lots of others out there. If you're set on this one then eBay has them cheaper than Amazon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poetic-TM-SLIMLINE-Portfolio-Leather-Case-apple-iPad-Mini-Tablet-Green-/140889510886?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo=SI&its=I&itu=UCI%2BUA%2BFICS&otn=21&pmod=281024284751&ps=54

9. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

That poetic slim line folio case is awesome for how cheap it is you won't be disappointed.

10. Lisa22

Lisa22 Member
    Bronze

Just leave it in the case all the time. Those snap in frames all break if you take the ipad out, even the expensive ones.

Sent using iCafe app

11. KeziaPurrs

KeziaPurrs Member
    Bronze

I went to Frys Electronics and looked at cases in person to see which ones provided the best grip and look and that wouldn't scratch my iPad Mini. I didn't purchase it there, rather I bought it on ebay for MUCH cheaper. I also bought a Logitech keyboard and I can fold back the portfolio and use them at the same time. I'm using them now. I'll post a pic in a few minutes.

Sent from iPad Mini-Me using iCafe app

12. KeziaPurrs

KeziaPurrs Member
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1367518591.402291.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1367518600.285007.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1367518609.818283.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1367518624.235025.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

13. zeos

zeos New Member

Hi Kezia,

I've been wanting to purchase a case that would allow me to use my mini with a keyboard, too. What case are you using there? I can't quite tell.

Thanks!

Helene

14. KeziaPurrs

KeziaPurrs Member
    Bronze

Hi Helene,

My case is a Tucano. I've seen them on Amazon. Any case that leaves one side of your Mini open and free from clips is fine for the Logitech keyboard. Mine is a hard case that opens like a portfolio. If you'd like me to post more pics of the inside of the case just let me know.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa

PS, Amazon Link http://www.bricstore.com/tucano/tablets/filo-hard-folio-case-for-ipad-mini-764.html

15. zeos

zeos New Member

Thanks so much, Lisa! That's really helpful. Hope you have a fab Thanksgiving, too!