iPad Mini. Pick up in store?

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by dinosaur1, Nov 4, 2012.

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

I'm trying to choose the pick up in store option, but it keeps saying that its unavailable. I though the trick was to wait after 10pm?

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Depends if they have any stock available at the store you choose.. Keep trying every night. I scored a 16GB Black at a Walmart today because the Apple store was out of stock.

Sam's club said they were expecting to get the mini in on Monday as well..

Happy hunting!

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread pre-fix added.

4. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Be sure and start at 10 and make several attempts. That's how I picked up my iPhone 5. The first few times it posted unavailable. On the 3rd attempt it was available. Be sure and have all your credit card data entered ahead of time. If you take time to do it after the site tells you it's available you may lose it.

5. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

Do I go into Checkout and just choose Shipping and put credit card info in first? Then do I go back and do Pickup option afterwards?

6. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

That's how I did it but then existed before confirming the order and went back into the pick up at store sequence. When it stated not available I hit the back arrow of my browser and keep doing that until the 3rd time and almost blew it when I almost hit the back arrow until I noticed it was stating available. Good luck

7. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

I'm using the app. So I should press Cancel , then click Pickup? Looks like the app is a bit different.

8. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I am at the Apple Store's site and have gone through selecting my iPad and am on the page which gives you the option to ship or pick up. I cannot select the pick up option at this time I hit the back arrow on my browser and it takes me to the preceding screen where I add the mini to my cart and go the to the screen with the option of to ship or pick up. I started at 10 pm on the dot and every time I added the mini to the cart it takes me to the ship or pick up option. On the 3rd try the pick up option was available at around 10:10. I hope this helps. I had previously selected ship and went forward and completed all the CC data. This is how I was able to pick up the iPhone 5 the week after it was introduced. I assume you can do this with the mini. It is my understanding that Apple Stores up date their inventories on Apple's system at 10 pm every evening. It does occur instantaneously at 10 pm. That's why at approximately 10:10 I was able to find one at an Apple Store near me.

9. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

Should I leave if in my cart now or start fresh at 9:55pm?

10. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I would leave it in your cart.