iPad Mini Pre-Order Thread

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Customers can begin pre-ordering all models of iPad mini and all models of the fourth generation iPad on Friday, October 26 through the Apple Online Store in the US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
Since Apple is opening the floodgates for preorders tomorrow, Friday, Oct. 26 at midnight PST/3 a.m. EST, we've gathered all the info and insider tips you need before logging in to purchase the new iPads.
What's available tomorrow —
The 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB WiFi-only models of the iPad mini and fourth generation iPad with Retina display are available for preorder tomorrow. Next Friday, Nov. 2 at 8 a.m., Apple retail stores will have the models in stock for purchase. The WiFi + Cellular models are due to arrive mid-November, but the exact date hasn't been announced yet.
Where to preorder —
Place an order through Apple's online store or over the phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE. Apple retail stores will not take preorders.
Keep reading for pro tips on ordering the new iPads.
Placing an order -
First and foremost, make sure your Apple ID is active. To speed things up, open an iTunes account (if you haven't already) and list your credit card information. It helps if the billing address is the same as your shipping address, as Apple may not allow you to change the shipping address to a different address when preordering. Any changes can be made through customer service after placing an order but, of course, this may make the process longer. For now, Apple only ships to US addresses.
Purchasing limit -
Historically, Apple has limited preorders to two per customer (as was the case for the September iPhone 5 and the iPad 3 released in March), but currently there's no confirmation that Apple will be adhering to that limit for the iPad mini and fourth generation iPad
Delivery -
During this week's iPad mini launch event, Apple director of marketing Phil Schiller said delivery may take up to two weeks. More details will be released on the Apple online store website after preorders are available.
Via Geeksugar

We're about 24hrs or so hours away and I'm gonna preorder the 16gb wifi slate ipad mini so what model and color are you ordering and staying up

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
We're about 24hrs or so hours away and I'm gonna preorder the 16gb wifi slate ipad mini so what model and color are you ordering?
I'm really torn at which size and color to get. I have a slate iPhone 5 so I want to change it up but the black is still pretty cool too. I will be getting a new job that will cause me to travel to NYC M-Th so I think the bigger size might be beneficial for storing media. I have the iPad 3 at 32Gb and it is okay. I think I have 4 gigs free but I have no music on it.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
If your gonna store movies go with a 32gb if just apps games no music then a 16gb will suffice imutter

Take a look at this gizmodo says the iPad mini screen sucks according to other 7" tabs out
image.jpg

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
ITS ME DAVID
I seen this. This is just talking about pixles there is more to a display then pixels.
I any case I will mostly stream TV and play games.
I probably just go with the 16GB too. I will get more GB next time around. I also will get a regular iPAd update next time around (only of it is lighter and thinner).
I am actually looking at the Storm and thinking if I even get one shipped if all hell breaks loose?
And if I can charge it without power ...
I bet stores are already sold out of milk and bread.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
yes I'm in Los Angeles and it was really windy but it's weird weather cause this week it's been cold low 70's now this weekend low 90's I hate the heat.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
I'll be up at 2:50am EST to purchase 2 of them lil beasts! And I have to wake up at 5am to go to work. It's going to be an interesting day at work ill tell you that much.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
I went to reenter my credit card info and now says cannot be verified so I called Apple 1800-my Apple and the lady didn't know how to enter my credit card info so I hung up.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
imutter cliffeman

I was wrong according to the first quote which is from Apple in the opening thread post it does say all models of iPad and iPad mini are available for preorder which means lte will be absolve for preorder just not delivered nov 2nd