iPad Mini Will Reportedly Be Available on Nov. 2, Says Report

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A

Apple’s iPad mini will allegedly be available on Nov. 2, about a week and a half after the company officially unveils the device on Oct. 23. Two separate outlets have corroborated the date, with 9to5Mac Tweeting earlier today that they’d “heard whispers” of a Nov. 2 launch.

It’s the likeliest of dates, and stays consistent with Apple’s new iPad and iPhone 5 release cycles from earlier in the year. When both were announced — the new iPad in March and the iPhone 5 in September — Apple made them available on a Friday the following week. This doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll see the same scenario with the iPad mini, but it’s certainly the most probable, especially with a high profile release like the Surface coming the Friday before.

“Pre-orders, if they are offered, are a bit less consistent, with the iPhone 5 pre-orders going live one week before launch while pre-orders for the third-generation iPad began immediately following Apple’s media event nine days before launch,” MacRumors said.

The scheduled Oct. 23 event is less than a week away, so we’ll find out for sure when the device will be available. If we had to take a guess, we’d put our money on Nov. 2.
via http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/17/rumors-and-speculation-of-november-2-ipad-mini-launch-building/

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
I can't wait! I'm literally chomping at the bit to get an iPad mini! I'll be the first to order it when they make it available to purchase.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Please tell me you will get a holster to wear it on your belt right next to your note 2.0.
Wrong! I'm actually going to get a holder to match my pocket protector and big black glasses.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
You mean BCG's?

What we called them in the navy. Birth Control Glasses :)
LOL! That's right, I'm going full dweeb so no ladies give me the time of day, which I'm sure my wife would be happy about. ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I gave up hope that they'd release an iPad mini last spring and finally caved and got my first iPad (iPad 3). I can't wait to sell it and buy a mini since I've always thought the iPad is way too heavy for comfortable usage. Considering how light the iPhone 5 is, I'm really hopeful about how light-weight the mini will be.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
That's exactly why I sold my iPad 3 after a few minutes it got heavy.

lemoon

Bronze
Oct 28, 2010
But let wait one day! and see if Apple's 'Little' Event on Oct. 23 will reveal iPad mini!

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
I want an iPad mini and an iPad 3 lol

Tbry

Aug 27, 2012
yes, keep both iPad 3 and mini iPad. It's soo great.