iPad mini with Retina Display Now Available for Purchase

Discussion in 'iPad mini with retina display' started by Europa, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The iPad mini Retina is now available for purchase on Apple.com. The 16 and 32 GB WiFi versions are available to ship in 1-3 businesss days and the 64 and 128 GB and cellular models will ship in 5-10 businesss days. They are available in silver and space gray.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad-mini-retina

Which one did you order?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

This is nuts. Maybe there was a reason Ava woke up so early. Looked at my iPhone expecting nothing new from the store (which I was refreshing before bed). Jumped up, got some coffee (yes, before ordering) and placed my order for a 16GB Space Gray.

My wife wanted white/silver, but I pushed her the direction of Space Gray.

3. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

Chris, that is very interesting. For some odd reason I woke up at 3:10 AM this morning Eastern standard time Great
    Out of curiosity I checked the Apple Store and lo and behold I ordered my 32 GB cellular AT&T white iPad mini retina

This is really an obsessive-compulsive illness I have with Apple products now that they wake me up to order them

Sent using iCafe app

4. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

You know I was just thinking something everyone doubted targets November 21 availability date

But that works pretty close on timing to what's happening with the preorders especially the cellular versions

I'm guessing they will be available in stores on that date

Sent using iCafe app

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Well, as stated in my other thread, which was unceremoniously closed for no good reason, I ordered 2.

This morning, I got online with an Apple Customer Service Rep via their chat tool. Chloe didn't seem to know when they would be available in store. She offered me the number to my local store, which of course is 150 miles away and still closed at 530 AM in Alaska. So I asked for the number for any New York Store, which she provided.

The NY Store said they do not have them in store, nor do they know when they will.

My next call will be to my brother at FedEx to find out when they are shipping en masse through the Anchorage hub.

6. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I'm happy I caught wind of the rumors before bed last night. I was able to snag my white/silver 32gig with ease. I was hoping for in store pick up but I guess I can wait another week.

It still must be a well kept secret because none of the shipping dates seem to have changed from last night. I thought it would've sold a bit quicker.

I'm really looking forward to this release. I've wanted a Mini since they first came out but just couldn't do the non-retina screen.

7. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Just changed to "preparing for shipment"! :)

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

My order just changed to "two orders". On my way to the 5th Avenue store for my personal pickup. Today!

9. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Lucky! I've been stalking the Vegas stores this morning and they still all show unavailable. Maybe it'll change later this afternoon.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Cool. I'll be stalking Vegas in a few hours, but not for iPads.

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

When I called them at 930 am today they said they had none.

Sent using iCafe app from the Golden iPhone

12. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It was not available this morning. I guess they received a shipment. I have an order confirmation for pickup today. Probably not the best idea, but heading into NYC with the hope that I receive order ready. It'll take me about an hour and fifteen, so they have some time to process. This is their big store, so they should get this right. Not so sure given the experiences people had with iPad Air pickups.

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Yeah, my phone call was over 4 hours ago so definitely plenty of time for a truck to have arrived and unloaded by now.

Sent using iCafe app from the Golden iPhone

14. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Looking good.

image.jpg

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was pretty sure you'd give me a hard time about that. Let me explain. I closed your thread and started a new one because the topic of your thread was the possibility of the retina iPad being released on the 12th. Once that became a reality, we needed to move to a new thread with a thread title stating that it was now available and details of the sale in post #1. For consistency it's best to only have one thread and your thread didn't cover the details in the title or post one because it served a different purpose. Chris likes the threads to be titled appropriately. Simply editing your title wouldn't have worked because post # 1 would not have included the details of the sale. We close threads and move to new ones every time this happens with new product releases. It's not just your thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Just got mine ordered for in store pick up! See you on the Strip!

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

My girlfriend ordered me for in-airport pickup there. I haven't quite been delivered yet, but I should be available for pickup in about four hours.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I'm stunned that they are ready for in-store pickup, and preparing for shipment. So much for rumors that we wouldn't see the Mini Retina in time for Christmas.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There were rumors that it wouldn't be available in time for Christmas? I never heard that one. Apple's website has said "coming later in November" since the announcement.

20. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I read on financial websites that people may not have them in time for Christmas, just rumors of course. They said that the 'coming later in November' could be delayed because of shortages.