iPad mini with Retina Display Now Available for Purchase

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Just a few shots. Other iPad is a third generation. Going to go set it up and enjoy it now!

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1384290089.904772.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1384290104.921227.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1384290116.304729.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1384290131.424143.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1384290144.055119.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited:
Reactions: JWiPhone

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Just a few shots. Other iPad is a third generation. Going to go set it up and enjoy it now!

Sent using iCafe app
Very nice. Congratulations! I look forward to hearing what you think of the new iPad Mini. I'm curious how it performs with high-end graphic games and RAM performance.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Nice overview Chris. I look forward to the indepth review. The fact that this will be my first iPad, slight differences from previous generations make no difference. So far, I'm hearing very positive things about the retina display.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I Just ordered mine and tried to get in store pick up but no such luck. I am hoping to get it before Thanksgiving and have it for traveling. My wife has been chopping at the bit to get my original mini, now she will have it in a few days. Apple sure pulled a fast one on us. I picked up Chris' post on Facebook and placed my order right away. I usually check everythingicafe several time a day but the last 2 days have been so busy I was only checking Facebook. For me the mini with retina is perfect. I still keep my 3 on my reading stand by my chair and use it there but for easy ability of carry it's the mini.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Mines coming
Mine is also on the way. It has left china and is currently in Hong Kong. One problem at this point -- UPS is showing a delivery date of November 19th and I will be out of town that day. I may have to contact ups and see if they can either hold it in Anchorage for me to pick up there, or deliver it to my hotel there.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Mine is also on the way. It has left china and is currently in Hong Kong. One problem at this point -- UPS is showing a delivery date of November 19th and I will be out of town that day. I may have to contact ups and see if they can either hold it in Anchorage for me to pick up there, or deliver it to my hotel there.
I set up UPS My Choice last summer since I was going to be out of town on the day of a delivery. It is free for packages to be held at a UPS hub for 5 days. There is a small fee to have it shipped to a new location or a UPS Store. It worked great for me and I picked the package up the next day when I returned. Another reason I'm glad I set this up is UPS now automatically sends me estimates for the time of day my packages will be delivered and it's been pretty accurate.
http://www.ups.com/mychoice/

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I have to say I'm really loving the Mini. It's light as a feather when compared to my iPad 3 and the size just feels all around better. Typing seems to be so much easier on it, too. The double speakers is a nice update, although I'm not sure if it sounds any different than my previous iPad. And, of course, the screen is beautiful!

The only thing i don't like is I got a 32gb, when my prior iPad was a 64gb. So I just logged into the Apple store and snagged a 64gb Mini Retina and will do an exchange tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: JWiPhone

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I set up UPS My Choice last summer since I was going to be out of town on the day of a delivery. It is free for packages to be held at a UPS hub for 5 days. There is a small fee to have it shipped to a new location or a UPS Store. It worked great for me and I picked the package up the next day when I returned. Another reason I'm glad I set this up is UPS now automatically sends me estimates for the time of day my packages will be delivered and it's been pretty accurate.
http://www.ups.com/mychoice/
Thanks for the link. I also will be out of town and wasn't sure how to deal with it.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have to say I'm really loving the Mini. It's light as a feather when compared to my iPad 3 and the size just feels all around better. Typing seems to be so much easier on it, too. The double speakers is a nice update, although I'm not sure if it sounds any different than my previous iPad. And, of course, the screen is beautiful!

The only thing I don't like is I got a 32gb, when my prior iPad was a 64gb. So I just logged into the Apple store and snagged a 64gb Mini Retina and will do an exchange tonight or tomorrow.
When you say the typing is so much easier do you mean typing with thumbs? Are you able to type with all fingers in landscape mode?