iPad Pro 9.7 dead pixel

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
I sure did; check out that site I posted, it may come in handy, but if you don’t like the methods presented or they make you nervous, then head for the nearest Apple Store.
does it qualify for a replacement and mins engraved how does apple go with that

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Many companies have minimum dead pixel counts before warranty kicks in.
I would have hoped Apple wouldn’t feel content with just being another company. Maybe they don’t feel any pressure to hold themselves to a higher standard. But that’s standard practice in almost every industry.

“So and so did such and such, so why should I be any different?” Lousy.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I would have hoped Apple wouldn’t feel content with just being another company. Maybe they don’t feel any pressure to hold themselves to a higher standard. But that’s standard practice in almost every industry.

“So and so did such and such, so why should I be any different?” Lousy.
I've always laughed at how so many people conveniently forget that Apple is a business committed to making a profit. They have stores in many locations, Genius Bars, and phone support. They're not a charity.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Don't ask us. Call Apple.
He’s right, alexrat1996. There’s no hard-and-fast rule to whether they’ll replace a given kind of damage on any given phone on any given day. Five different people on five different forums could tell you it isn’t covered, but you might have different luck depending on which Apple Store manager the final decision is up to, and depending on your attitude when you show up at the store.

Whatever you do, don’t drive your Tesla into the store the following day if they end up saying no. That’s just not cool.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
He’s right, alexrat1996. There’s no hard-and-fast rule to whether they’ll replace a given kind of damage on any given phone on any given day. Five different people on five different forums could tell you it isn’t covered, but you might have different luck depending on which Apple Store manager the final decision is up to, and depending on your attitude when you show up at the store.

Whatever you do, don’t drive your Tesla into the store the following day if they end up saying no. That’s just not cool.
I will see if apple replace it or eles I will do the express replacement for sure

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
been to apple mines an enegraved ipad they told they would replace it but i would send it out via apple care mail in service