IPad Pro "rings" when Iphone rings?

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
When using my iPad Pro and my phone rings the iPad stops what it is doing and prompts me to answer. If I have no intention of taking the call on the phone then I'm not going to take it on the iPad either. Is this due to something in settings. Can it be turned off?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
iPad > Settings > FaceTime > iPhone Cellular Calls > Off

iPhone > Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices > iPad > Off

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
Yep. You can enable that feature here:
iPhone > Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices > iPad > On
Thanks Europa. I've figured out that I can use Skype or any other number of apps but can my iPad Pro actually have a phone icon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks Europa. I've figured out that I can use Skype or any other number of apps but can my iPad Pro actually have a phone icon.
It can't have a phone icon. Basically, it's dependent on the iPhone and has to leech off of its number for cellular calls. It does this through WiFi just like Skype.
Also, with all the questions I ask you, I owe you a Starbucks cards or something similar
Haha! It's funny you mention that. I've been caffeine-free for over four years now, but I recently switched to early-morning shift and I'm starting to daydream about mochas now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cave and go to Starbucks soon.

I'm happy to help and nothing like that is necessary. :)