iPad Pro Touch ID issue and other issue

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
My iPad Pro 9.7 space gray keeps collecting dust , lint in the home button rim every time I press the home button more lint or debris comes out is this a hardware issue or is it normal ?

When I force restart my iPad Pro it shows gray screen before apple logo is this normal ?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
My iPad Pro 9.7 space gray keeps collecting dust , lint in the home button rim every time I press the home button more lint or debris comes out is this a hardware issue or is it normal ?

When I force restart my iPad Pro it shows gray screen before apple logo is this normal ?
In reply to your first question, all iPhones I’ve ever owned ultimately tend to collect some amount of dust, lint, and oily residue from my fingertips, no matter how clean my fingertips may be. This isn’t a hardware issue. To put it bluntly, this is just a fact of life. Keep a lint-free cleaning cloth handy and just wipe it off; polish it to remove the unsightly oil from your fingertips. I find the oleophobic coating leaves much to be desired. You mentioned “Touch ID issue in your thread title; are excessive oils from your fingertips interfering with the proper functioning of Touch ID?

As to your second query, I apologize but I do not own an iPad Pro, so I cannot provide an answer for you. I’m sure someone will chime in soon enough and provide you with an answer, perhaps @Europa.