iPad to iPad messaging?

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
So me and my girl both have wifi only iPads

Is there a way either through jailbreak or regular app that we can message eachother like a text msg? Or send an alert etc? This would b great

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
Are the the text ads new? I used the free version on my old iPod touch and never received one. I am curious to see if my daughter gets the text ads so I can upgrade her app to avoid the ads.
It's been a while since I've used that app but I would get at least 2 or 3 a day. :/ but for SMS I just use google voice now. :) free, no adds, my own number, etc. On the iPad I use both GV and KiK. There are plenty of options available though.

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
PingChat works across platforms (iPads, iPhones, iTouches, BlackBerries, Droid, etc.) and over 3G and WiFi.
It does have a small advertisement strip at the bottom, but it's pretty out of the way and doesn't interfere with normal use.

LGgeek

Jul 6, 2010
Los Gatos, Ca
Text+ (textPlus) available in the app store free version has ads

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textplus-classic-free-text/id314487667?mt=8

#1 FREE TEXTING APP FOR 1:1, 3-WAY OR GROUPS, NOW WITH PHONE NUMBERS FOR IPOD TOUCH, iPhone & IPAD.

TEXTPLUS brings free and unlimited texting to iPod touch, iPhone and iPad users. Text as much as you want without ever paying a monthly bill, thanks to our ad supported network. textPlus provides you with your own, free personal phone number so your friends can text you directly, from any device or carrier. Text to ANY US or Canada number, or app to app for free anywhere in the world.

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
I'm actually preferring GV now over everything. Free number, free sms, no ads, etc. The only thing I wish it had was MMS support and an Email to SMS proxy. But I read they're working on those features. :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm actually preferring GV now over everything. Free number, free sms, no ads, etc. The only thing I wish it had was MMS support and an Email to SMS proxy. But I read they're working on those features. :)
And it doesn't have an iPad version. Deal breaker .