iPad totally dead . . .

Discussion in 'iPad' started by michael180, Oct 4, 2010.

1. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

I woke up this morning and tried to turn my iPad on, but it's dead. I hooked it up to iTunes, nothing. No reaction from the power button. It's totally dead.

Any suggestions?

-Never mind it suddenly came to life-

2. Starry

Starry Member
    Bronze

UGH mine just did the same exact thing but mines not coming back to life... :( I've had it on iTunes nothing...frack frack frack that means i have to go deal with Apple at The Domain... someone just shoot me now! FRACK FRACK FRACK!

3. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

That happened to my 3G once.

It did work after I left it plugged in for a full day or two. I think I lost everything though. It happened after I had a newer phone and used it as wifi iPod touch.

4. jsntrenkler

jsntrenkler Zealot
    Silver

Try holding down the power and home button for 15 seconds, this happened to both my iPad and iPhone 4 .. Both came back to life by doing this.

5. Troubleina

Troubleina Member
    Bronze

so what happened? did it come back to life?

6. Bender

Bender Member
    Bronze

This may sound stupid but is it charged up?

7. BobMcfish

BobMcfish New Member

Thanks! That worked for me! Think it might have run out of power and become annoyed. I left it charging overnight as usual but fear my cable may have finally failed. For months it has had a section where the wires are exposed at the USB plug end but it still worked. I could only get it working by using my iPhone's cable and then once it had acquired some charge, it burst into life with the 15 second thing. Thanks so much for the tip!