iPad trade in promos?

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2' started by ricks2gtouch, Oct 22, 2014.

1. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I've seen the current Best Buy iPad trade in offer. Has anyone heard of any other promos for trading in iPads? We upgraded my wife's iPad 2 to iOS8, and it has turned into quite a slug. If I can't find anything else, I might trade in her iPad 2 at Best Buy for $150 and get her the iPad mini 2.

Since I have seen some more of the new specs, I would really like to see AT&T offer a trade in deal. I would give her my Air and trade in hers for a new Air 2 for me. I checked and AT&T is only offering $90 her an iPad 2 right now.

2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I don't think you are going to find a better promo then the Best Buy one for an iPad 2. $200 is a great deal.

3. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I also downgrade my iPad 2 same here. I have 16gb going to get 64 gb

4. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Gazelle said $100 for my iPad 2 wifi & 3G AT&T

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The Best Buy deal is a minimum of $200, which is great when you're considering trading a 16GB iPad 2. I've heard the movers coupon can be used for an additional 10 percent. That makes for a fantastic deal on the iPad Air 2.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

My daughter's iPad 2 is getting pretty worn. It only lasts about 4 hours on a full charge now. She has used it a lot for several years. We will probably get her the iPad Air for Christmas and trade in the 2. I noticed in Target's ad today that they give $150 for any working iPad 2 or newer as a trade. I hadn't check Best Buy but $200 would be awesome. I'll be watching the ads as Christmas gets closer, but I'd be real happy with $200.

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Wonder why the BestBuy offer would only give me $163 for my iPad 3 (16gb wifi)
    I got the email, like millions of others, saying $200 and it doesn't appear to be the case at all.

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'd print out the promotion, available here, and give it another try. Seems pretty clear to me.

Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 5.09.17 PM.png

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It looks like you get $150 for your iPad 3 and a coupon for $50 off iPad Air 2.

10. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I'd hold out trading it in now. I bet there will some better trade in deals during the holiday season (similar to last years's Target offer).

I just updated to an iPad 4 and have an extra iPad 2 that I'm not currently using, so I'm hopeful there will be some good trade in offers soon...

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Guess it kind of threw me on the 'estimated' trade in. So $150 gift card and a coupon for $50 off an iPad Air 2 works. Lol

#11 RoofMonkey, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  12. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I just trade in my 5s and my iPad 2 At bestbuy . Picked up 64gb wifi for $126. Bestbuy gave me $300 for 5s and $162 for my iPad plus $50 coupon. Apple wanting to give me a lot less for everything. Sense the iPad Air 2 is smaller by 1/2 then iPad 2 have to go and get new case for it.

13. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I guess the iPad 1 (original) is completely out of the running?! :(

14. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Your best bet for the iPad 1 was last year when Target was offering $200 for it. It's probably worth less than $50 now, so I'd say hold onto it and try to find some other use for it.

You may get lucky with another promo during the holidays, but I doubt it...

15. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Darn. I guess I missed the $200 trade-in last year, or I would have jumped on it. I think it might make a good cutting board now.

16. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Went to Target yesterday and traded my wife's Apple refurb iPad 2 for $150. Then got the iPad mini retina (last year model). Couldn't do Best Buy because reports were that the refurb wasn't in their trade in catalog. I did get 5% from the red card discount.

17. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

I just returned from Best Buy. Traded in my 64GB iPad 4th Generation towards a 128GB iPad Air 2. My trade was worth $287 under the current promo and since I was purchasing a new Air 2, I received an additional $50.00 towards the purchase. Not too shabby at all. I would barely have sold it on Ebay for that and by the time the fees were deducted from Ebay, PayPal and shipping I would have done far worse trying to sell it outright. The Air 2 is an very nice upgrade from the 4th gen. Very, very happy with the deal and my purchase.

18. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Any kind of promo still going on for an iPad mini 1? I have an iPhone 5 to trade in too.

Wouldn't mind picking up an iPad Air 2

19. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Probably no deals on iPad 1 (original)!!

20. K.C.

K.C. Contributor
    Bronze

I traded in my 16g original mini 2 weeks ago and got $150 at best buy and got a mini 3. I am very happy with it!

Sent by K.C. Using icafe app on the mini