iPad WiFi Issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chris, Apr 5, 2010.

1. chris

chris Administrator

Anyone having WiFi issues with their iPad? I saw a few reports out this morning. Me personally, there were a few incidences where it took longer to connect upon powering up. Nothing that was really cause for concern.

How about you? WiFi issues on your iPad?
  2. chris

chris Administrator

Powering up. That's so pre-iPad. It's more like turn on.:sneaky:
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. up10ad

up10ad Genius

None here but I am headed to the You Tube thread.
  5. bostonkarl

bostonkarl New Member

Kinda Sorta

My iPad wifi was being a bit cantakerous. Then I changed my router settings from mixed mode to G only. That cleared up all issues.

Oh, and tethering using MyWi (jailbreak app) works very very well.
  6. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot

No issues here. Instant connect at home and work.
  7. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor

I had a few instances of it not connecting. It was mostly turning it on and not giving it a chance to connect to the network.
  8. aggieman

aggieman Zealot

No issues at all here.
  9. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor

No issues at home. Haven't gone out in the "wild" yet. We'll see how work and Starbucks does this week.
  10. iSoozin

iSoozin Member

No issues here either!!
  11. topspin

topspin New Member

mine is blazing, way faster than 3GS!!!
  12. leslivres

leslivres Member

yes, wifi issues. intermittent connections; doesn't hold for very long. just reading about the same problem with others. glad it was not "my fault." lol
  13. dcom

dcom Zealot

I'm having some WiFi problems. I connect to a Timecapsule using 802.11n and notice the signal fluctuates from full to 1 bar while sitting in the same place, holding the iPad the same way. It hasn't disconnected but the wavering signal is annoying. The speed doesn't appear to be a problem though, it's still fast.

I have 2 networks at home, one is 'n' and one 'g'. I've connected to the 'g' net and I'm getting the same problem. There are no g devices connecting to the n net either so that's not the problem.
  14. up10ad

up10ad Genius

Same experience as dcom, Time Capsule has disconnected once while using LogMeIn to work from home.
  15. gulbane

gulbane Member

This is interesting because I was having wierd issues yesterday. Basically, I was getting intermittent wi-fi access. I would use the speedtest.com app which would show studdering and very slow download speeds. I used the same app on my iphone and it was perfectly fine at 22/4 after 5 tests in a row.

I was wondering if I was having a problem with the ipad based on this. My router is a Wireless N. Any other thoughts on this?

EDIT: Just saw the other posts that happened while I was typing. I wonder if wireless N is the issue?

I swear it worked fine on Saturday and I had problems with it all day on Sunday.
  16. leslivres

leslivres Member

no issues with my iPhone. this was to be my "travel" laptop. wonder how this will all iron out?? Apple support document had a "Resolution" area but way over my head; all about appending one or more characters in the current network name.
  17. TechnologyCoach

TechnologyCoach New Member

I'm having connection issues - theres a certain amount of time of non-use when the wifi "turns off". If I open mail, or use certain internet dependent application, I get an error. If I open safari, a small window pops up and says "connecting" and I'm back in business. During the time when the wifi is off, if I try go to settings and try to connect to my network, it says unable to connect (even though I eventually connect).
  18. mori

mori Member

No issues here
  19. leslivres

leslivres Member

I find this tiring and more than a challenge!!! lol when opening Safari, I get the same connecting window. in between, I am having a nervous breakdown!! hoping this all evens out. running 5 miles a day helps, but might have to increase it to 10!!! hang in there.
  20. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot

I'm wondering if this related to specific routers or MAC vs PC networks. I am running PC on a Linksys router. May be helpful if everyone posted that info. Might isolate a specific problem?
  21. leslivres

leslivres Member

am also running my PC on a Cisco Linksys router. still intermittent. just "live" for five minutes and then cancelled.