iPhone’s accelerometer observation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aphillips

Jun 24, 2007
I noticed that when I have a web page up and I'm holding the phone roughly 45 degrees and turn it sideways, the page rotates. But when I have the phone parallel to the ground and turn my phone sideways, the page doesn't rotate. Has anyone experienced this as well.

Thanks

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
yes I noticed that also when on cover flow if i have it completly parallel sometimes it wont change and then i move it kinda parallel to me n dit changes

rcossy1023

Jul 1, 2007
try spinning the phone around and around and around and c what happens...sometimes I expect a fist to come out and punch me in the face and call me stupid...

aphillips

Jun 24, 2007
yeah this very weird. I tried spinning slowly and that didn't work out. Has anyone also noticed that only webpages rotate when you turn the phone. I was under the impression that any application you had open would rotate. Is this true.

Thanks

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
You people do realize that the phone relies on gravity to figure out which way is up. How DO you think it knows you rotated it, some kind of spy camera or something?
However, currently I am lying on my side typing this in landscape mode and the phone is vertical to the ground. Only thing is, it's actually upside down. Rotate the phone so the home key is on top. It should be in landscape mode.

Zachary Vex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Minneapolis
Pictures (taken with the camera) rotate all the way, even if the phone is upside down. Texting will not rotate, which irritates me because I really want to type using larger keys. Safari windows will rotate to the left or right but will not rotate upside down. Weird.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Pictures (taken with the camera) rotate all the way, even if the phone is upside down. Texting will not rotate, which irritates me because I really want to type using larger keys. Safari windows will rotate to the left or right but will not rotate upside down. Weird.
I've noticed more flaky performance in landscape mode, even though it is much easier to type in it. Probably explains why they don't let you use it all of the time.

aphillips

Jun 24, 2007
yah the magnifying glass tends to show only the bottom half when in landscape mode with letters on the top half of the screen not visible