iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
From modmyifone:

Looks like the soon-to-be-released iPhone firmware 1.1.3 has quite a few surprises. We were able to get a look at it, and here is what we found:

Still some no-brainers missing, like MMS and copy-and-paste...

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
no big deal to me but i know that there are people here that care, i just saw it first, im sure that some one that saw it first would have mentioned it

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I hate to be so cynical, but on behalf of those of us who have been happy members of the EIC community since before launch day, all I can say about the speculation of yet another firware update is this:

Here we go again.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I hate to be so cynical, but on behalf of those of us who have been happy members of the EIC community since before launch day, all I can say about the speculation of yet another firware update is this:

Here we go again.
Oh yeah, and one other thing: I hope the Dev Team gets the firmware jailbroken before it even gets released. I know I won't be upgrading my firmware until the Dev Team gets a confirmed hack for it. Am I right, Tinman?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
My problem with it is that it's labeled as 1.1.3 which is not a correct way of labeling a new update of this magnitude. Any real programmar knows this. It should be 1.2 or 1.3 to avoid confusion.

Still, I hope this stuff is true and comes out soon. Who here will update if they had a jailbroken iPhone (restoring to virgin state first of course)?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

Here we go again.
I'm forced to agree, although this time they took the trouble to take (or fake) some pictures.:cool:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
My problem with it is that it's labeled as 1.1.3 which is not a correct way of labeling a new update of this magnitude. Any real programmar knows this. It should be 1.2 or 1.3 to avoid confusion.

Still, I hope this stuff is true and comes out soon. Who here will update if they had a jailbroken iPhone (restoring to virgin state first of course)?
Depends on what the trade off is. And, of course, how soon afterward we can re-jailbreak!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I suppose I'll post here about 1.1.3 for now, as the other thread has turned to an argument about jailbreaking.

Like KNK said, I have my doubts. There's a good possibility that these were photoshoped; they would be pretty easy to do.

Should the update come, I'd be more than happy to accept it. I don't jailbreak, and I don't want to. Not because I'm scared or worried about it, or because I'm an Apple 'fanboy', but because those apps are unstable and quite a few are un-trustable. Don't tell me that you have these features because you jailbreak and feel special; I for one would love to have them, the legit way.

- John

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
To me 1.1.3, if true, is really not much of an update so 1.1.3 seems plausible as the version number.

The biggest update was 1.1.1. It changed a lot of stuff that people may not see. In fact you could almost say everything before 1.1.1 was beta.

And some/most of the stuff that appears to be coming in 1.1.3, that was written by Apple and not Google, was started in 1.1.1. The paging of the springboard, for instance, was added natively in 1.1.1.

Other than that I don't see anything major in 1.1.3. Adding URL links to the springboard is trivial.

All in all this update looks like Apple is merely getting ready for the apps that will come with the SDK. Time will tell...

--
Mike