iPhone $100.00 Apple Store Credit (Answers to Common Questions)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Since the credit is now available, I figured I'd post these common questions and answers that people may have. It's taken directly from Apple's site.

How much time do I have to request my Apple Store credit?
You must submit your claim between September 13, 2007 and November 30, 2007 to be eligible for the $100 credit.

How long is my Apple Store credit valid?
Once your credit is issued, it does not expire.

Am I eligible for the Apple Store credit if I bought my iPhone between August 22, 2007 and September 4, 2007?
iPhones purchased from Apple or AT&T and invoiced to you between August 22, 2007, and before the September 5, 2007 price reduction was announced, are eligible for price protection. The deadline for price protection claims is September 19, 2007. You must file your price protection claims where you purchased your iPhone.
  • If you purchased from an Apple Retail Store, visit the store where you made your purchase.
  • If you purchased from the Apple Online Store, call 1-800-676-2775.
  • If you purchased from AT&T, visit the store where you made your purchase.
If you do not file your claim for price protection by September 19, 2007, you may submit a claim after that date for a $100 Apple Store credit via the procedure outlined at. Customers who participated in Apple's price protection offer are not eligible for the $100 Apple Store credit.

May I receive credit for more than one iPhone?
One credit per eligible iPhone will be issued.

Apple Store credits

What is an electronic Apple Store credit code?

An Apple Store credit code lets you make purchases from any Apple Retail Store, the Apple Online Store, or by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE. Apple Store credit codes can be used only in the United States and may not be redeemed at the iTunes Music Store or Apple resellers. You will be charged sales tax when redeeming your Apple Store credit code.

How do I use the Apple Store credit codes to purchase products?

In Apple Retail Stores, simply present the credit code and PIN to the cashier at time of payment.
For purchases through 1-800-MY-APPLE, provide the credit code and PIN to your sales representative.
For the Apple Online Store, enter the electronic credit code and PIN on the Select a Payment Method screen. Enter your credit code in the Enter Card field and your PIN in the PIN field.
Please keep the credit code and PIN in your possession until the order has been processed and delivered.

What products can I purchase using an Apple Store credit code?

You can purchase just about anything sold by Apple, except another Apple Store Gift Card or an iTunes electronic Gift Certificate.

How do I determine the balance of my Apple Store credit code?
You can check your Apple Store credit’s balance, by calling 888-320-3301 and providing the credit code and PIN.

Can I use multiple Apple Store credit codes when making a purchase?

Yes. You can use up to six credit codes when making a purchase at an Apple Retail Store and up to four credit codes at the Apple Online Store.

Can I use an Apple Store credit code and another form of payment in the same transaction?

Yes, you can use your Apple Store credit in conjunction with a credit card for the same transaction.

I lost my Apple Store credit code, may I request a replacement?
If you have lost the electronic credit code and PIN, it is easy to retrieve by visiting

Returns and Exchanges

If I exchanged my iPhone, will I still qualify for the offer?
Yes, but only if you exchanged your iPhone for another iPhone on or before August 21, 2007.

General Questions

If I return an item purchased using the Apple Store credit code, how will I be refunded?
Your refund will be applied as a credit to an Apple Store Gift Card. At an Apple Retail Store, you will be provided with the gift card. At the Apple Online Store a gift card will be mailed to you. Please allow 5-7 days for delivery.

Someone stole my pin number and used my Apple Store credit code, can I get another one?
Apple is not responsible for lost or stolen pin numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

volcomguysd

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
think so...

is there anyway to get a credit if i pruchased my phone off of ebay?

All it asks for is your phone number and serial number. If you're the one that activated it, you probably can. All it does it send you a text message with a code, then you put that code in, and it takes you to a page with the Credit #. Give it a shot!

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
Princess - I need help - nobody apparently thinks this is serious - how do you buy music form iTunes using the credit?
This is what the fine print says on the Apple site. REading this it appears as though you cannot use this credit for an iTunes related purchase. I am going to use it towards Leopard which i was going to purchase anyway:

Customers may redeem their store credits only for qualified purchases directly from Apple at an Apple Retail Store, the Apple Online Store, or Apple Telesales (1-800-MY-APPLE) in the United States. Customers may not redeem their store credits: (1) at any iTunes Store in the United States or elsewhere, (2) Apple Store locations outside the United States; (3) at Apple resellers; (4) for cash; (5) to purchase Apple Gift Cards, or,iTunes Store Gift Certificates, to give iTunes Store content as gifts, or to create iTunes Store allowances; or (6) as payments on Apple accounts. Customers may not resell, transfer, or otherwise assign the credits. Remaining balances on store credits can be determined by calling 888-320-3301. This store credit program is governed by the laws of the State of California. Apple reserves the right to deny or disregard any claim deemed to be false or fraudulent. This program is valid only to customers who reside within the 50 United States or District of Columbia. This program and the store credits are void where prohibited or restricted by law. Apple is not responsible for printing or database errors. Customers should keep copies of these Terms and Conditions. Apple reserves the right to change without notice the Terms and Conditions, modify the program, or end the program at any time.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Call me crazy, but doesn't that go directly against his statement to us in the open letter:

"Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned."

This is crazy if it's true - I want music - anyone find a loophole?

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Princess - I need help - nobody apparently thinks this is serious - how do you buy music form iTunes using the credit?
Unfortunately, you can't. It states that on the website and above. (QUOTE: Apple Store credit codes can be used only in the United States and may not be redeemed at the iTunes Music Store or Apple resellers.)
I called Apple and the guy I spoke with couldn't/wouldn't give me a REASON why Apple chose not to allow it. He just said,"That's something Apple chose to do." So, there you go. :( I know it sucks.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Sooooooooooooo lame! I just called my local Apple Store and despite Stevie telling us in the open letter that the credits are good towards ANY product, the Apple employee tells me iTunes music is not considered one of the products and there is no way to redeem the credit for music. Isn't that what most of this is about? THE MUSIC? I feel stupid for being so excited about this product and being one of the first to buy the phone and all my accessories. I don't need anyomore hardware for this thing. I really thought he did the right thing by giving us this $100 credit, but now I just feel jilted - very disappointed Steve - once again punishing your pioneer customers - the very heart of the base - let's see how "exciting" and "robust" your next big launch is and how gun-shy the your punished pioneers will be to give you hundreds of dollars for a product. Sooooo lame! I spent hours putting together a wish list of music that added up to $100 - soooooo f***** lame!

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I guess this is what you call:

"doing a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these."

SOOOOOOOOOO LAME STEVE - You kicked us again, and I praised you in the boards for doing the right thing - what an idiot I was

We want MUSIC, We want MUSIC, We want MUSIC....everyone

Sep 7, 2007
I'm curious to see if this has happened to anyone else:
I bought my original iPhone at the end of July, lasted for about a month and then the battery overheated and the thing crapped out. Called up Apple who sent a replacement, however this morning when I tried to get my rebate I got a message that said I may not be eligible because this phone is owned by Apple and intended for internal use. Sent an e-mail to: iPhonestorecredit@Apple.com and was told I'd get a reply in 48 to 72 hours. I already waited the whole week for my $100, I want it now!

Jul 7, 2007
I'm curious to see if this has happened to anyone else:
I bought my original iPhone at the end of July, lasted for about a month and then the battery overheated and the thing crapped out. Called up Apple who sent a replacement, however this morning when I tried to get my rebate I got a message that said I may not be eligible because this phone is owned by Apple and intended for internal use. Sent an e-mail to: iPhonestorecredit@Apple.com and was told I'd get a reply in 48 to 72 hours. I already waited the whole week for my $100, I want it now!
I'd give Apple a call if I were you. I had a similar situation (I'm on my 3rd phone) and they were able to resolve it instantly the over the phone. I never like to deal with customer service by email, it allows them to ignore you until they're good and ready to help you.