iPhone $100.00 Apple Store Credit (Answers to Common Questions)

ItalianBoston

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
This is my story:

I bought my phone on August 12th. Now 2 days ago I brought my phone in to the Apple store because I was having problems with it, and they gave me a new phone. I entered the info of the new phone in the site and it said I may not be eligible for the credit, it said it couldnt find my info. Am i still eligible for my credit since they gave me a new phone to replace the one that wasn't working right? I better or man will I be pissed.

I also had my number ported over to ATT after I activated the phone under another number, may this be the problem?

Some one help!

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
No go - they won't let use the gift card in the payment option. Any other suggestions? Anyone else wanting to buy music?
I suppose that everybody knows by now that you can purchase iTunes Gift Cards (not the electronic iTunes Gift Certificates) with your store credit? Your gift card will be mailed to you and then you can use it in iTunes to purchase music, movies, ringtones, etc.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
How did this yhread turn into this? Anyway, I figured out how to buy itnes with the credit. Sorry for the rant earlier - I had just spent a lot of time on a a wish list when it seemed like you couldn't get iTunes with the credit.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I'm finding that out petalmom - thanks! I guess we were thinking the same thing at the same time :cool:

KTaylor574

Sep 7, 2007
This is my story:

I bought my phone on August 12th. Now 2 days ago I brought my phone in to the Apple store because I was having problems with it, and they gave me a new phone. I entered the info of the new phone in the site and it said I may not be eligible for the credit, it said it couldnt find my info. Am i still eligible for my credit since they gave me a new phone to replace the one that wasn't working right? I better or man will I be pissed.

I also had my number ported over to ATT after I activated the phone under another number, may this be the problem?

Some one help!
Do you still have the serial number for your original phone? Try using that one for the rebate.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
you need to have them activated
If not activated with ATT you are not getting to get your Apple credit store

Aplle stick it to the customer again

Last edited by a moderator:

ItalianBoston

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I tired all kinds of combos, none of which worked. I got an email from Apple today saying there was an error on their part and to try again. I tired again, it worked with my old number, but I don't have that number any more therfore I cant check the text message, Any idea what to do now?

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
I got my store credit number the first couple of hours it was available. I went to go use it this morning on a new airport extreme and it's telling me that I have no money available on my card.

To top it off, no one at customer service will talk to me about it. I had to email some address to get a resolution. Now I have to wait.

Oh well, free money is free money no matter how long you wait for it......

KTaylor574

Sep 7, 2007
When I went to use my credit yesterday I got an unexpected surprise from Apple. It seems since I didn't print my credit by 6 PM on Friday that my credit was treated differently and any purchase I made under $100 was only discounted 99%. I really just wanted a shuffle and wasn't going to use more than $80, so I ended up paying like 89 cents for a new shuffle. I guess this was done so that Apple didn't have to truly give away any products for free. Has this happened to anyone else?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
When I went to use my credit yesterday I got an unexpected surprise from Apple. It seems since I didn't print my credit by 6 PM on Friday that my credit was treated differently and any purchase I made under $100 was only discounted 99%. I really just wanted a shuffle and wasn't going to use more than $80, so I ended up paying like 89 cents for a new shuffle. I guess this was done so that Apple didn't have to truly give away any products for free. Has this happened to anyone else?
I would say that at .89 cents for a Shuffle. You still made out like a bandit. Apple also said that the customer was responsible for sales tax, maybe that's what it was...M

allitalien

Jul 25, 2007
San Diego
Score One For Me...

I bought my iPhone about a week after its release date... then on September 5th my iPhone lost it's sensitivity, i brought my phone into g-bar to get fixed. they switched it out for me and I got a receipt back saying it was a $400 exchange... without even realizing there was a price cut i didn't say anything about it.

When i tried to enter my Serial # in the Apple store today it said my phone was bought @ $400 even though i held the receipt for $600 in my hand, when I told them about the switch out the supervisor just gave me a $100 (+$7.75 tax back) Apple giftcard...

Score One For Me! :laugh2:

4mula1

Aug 4, 2007
so... Umm... Is the little trick still working that lets me get a gift card that I can then in turn use on iTunes? If not, I guess I'll get a shuffle...
Go to the Apple store and buy a gift card not certificate. They ship you a physical card that you can use to buy iTunes. Yes you can pay with your credit. I know because I did it.