iPhone 16GB on the horizon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
I was just wondering what others thought about this. Now that Apple has an iPod Touch with a 16G which is basically an iPhone minus the phone part, and the fact they are discontinuing the 4G iPhone as well as the $200 drop in price of the 8G iPhone......does this mean that a 16G iPhone may be in the works for later this year? ;) Just a thought!

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
My initial thought is that they could have announced its release yesterday if it was coming, along with its price point. It would have smoothed some feathers and made the 8G price slash seem more understandable to see it in the context of the rest of the products.

Didn't they announce the iPhone months in advance of its release?

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I'll consider a 16GB when Apple implements a file management system usable on Windows. Meanwhile, I'm happy with my 8GB.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I would certainly like some news ahead of release of another iPhone SKU. I am ready to get a iPhone for my wife and she could get by easily with a 4Gb. However, if there is going to be a 16Gb perhaps with 3G and/or GPS, etc, I'd prefer to get that and hand-down my 8Gb to her.

I'm waiting a few weeks to see what shakes out.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
But you have to keep in mind all the things the iPhone does that that the iPod touch does not. This is what takes up the extra space.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
But...when Apple begins to sell the iPhone in Europe later this year it will have to be be the 3G because all the competition phones have it then Apple will have the 3G with 16gb and GPS so then they will have to have the same phone here in the USA, then at what price.

Then iPod Touch will arrive in 21 countries in the next few days, so those people will be primed for the phone while we will be reading this in the news everyday.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
But...when Apple begins to sell the iPhone in Europe later this year it will have to be be the 3G because all the competition phones have it then Apple will have the 3G with 16gb and GPS so then they will have to have the same phone here in the USA, then at what price.

Then iPod Touch will arrive in 21 countries in the next few days, so those people will be primed for the phone while we will be reading this in the news everyday.
I'm waiting to see what's gonna happen here also. :cool:

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
I personally think it will happen sometime in the future, how soon I'm not sure. But personally I wouldn't buy it anyways. The next iPhone I buy will have to be 80GB or higher, because anything below isn't worth the money. I like my iPhone, but need a lot more space, and I'm not going to pay a high price just to have 16Gb instead of 8Gb. I need a substantial increase in memory for me to consider upgrading. In that case, you won't see that until the second or third generation iPhone, if it sells good enough to even make it worth making a second iPhone, which at this point, doesn't look good, since they're dropping the price like it's normal after 2 months of being available.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I personally think it will happen sometime in the future, how soon I'm not sure. But personally I wouldn't buy it anyways. The next iPhone I buy will have to be 80GB or higher, because anything below isn't worth the money. I like my iPhone, but need a lot more space, and I'm not going to pay a high price just to have 16Gb instead of 8Gb. I need a substantial increase in memory for me to consider upgrading. In that case, you won't see that until the second or third generation iPhone, if it sells good enough to even make it worth making a second iPhone, which at this point, doesn't look good, since they're dropping the price like it's normal after 2 months of being available.

Most definitely! "Sometime" in the future. :p;):laugh2:

venturo

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
16g

I also think that they will release a 16gig iPhone somewhat sooner than ppl with the 8gig would like. I pretty much love my phone, but i still cant believe it wasn't 3g enabled, meh its still great.

H

Hayesimus

here's my opinion on the potential for a 16gb iPhone in the near future. It makes PERFECT sense. think about it. most people that have an iPhone probably wouldn't go buy another one just for an 8gb increase. its still just not that much memory. BUT people who maybe were considering an iPhone but as yet haven't purchased one will now be more likely to purchase. also it makes sense to only gradually increase the memory, so that you don't make the previous iPhone ridiculously inferior and thus tick everybody off again and have to issue another "store credit" lol. then once the 16gb iPhone sells however many to meet the qouta, you up it again, maybe 40gb this time. now the original 8gb iPhone users might be willing to make the leap for 40 gb. but the 16gb-ers would probably still be happy. its iPhone leap frog. and its a great marketing scheme. well i think so anyway.

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
here's my opinion on the potential for a 16gb iPhone in the near future. It makes PERFECT sense. think about it. most people that have an iPhone probably wouldn't go buy another one just for an 8gb increase. its still just not that much memory. BUT people who maybe were considering an iPhone but as yet haven't purchased one will now be more likely to purchase. also it makes sense to only gradually increase the memory, so that you don't make the previous iPhone ridiculously inferior and thus tick everybody off again and have to issue another "store credit" lol. then once the 16gb iPhone sells however many to meet the qouta, you up it again, maybe 40gb this time. now the original 8gb iPhone users might be willing to make the leap for 40 gb. but the 16gb-ers would probably still be happy. its iPhone leap frog. and its a great marketing scheme. well i think so anyway.
so i was planning 2 buy a iPhone at the end of october early november should i buy it or should i hold out until decemberish to see if they make a 16 gig iPhone?

H

Hayesimus

thats a tough call. i mean as of right now. there is ZERO news on the next series of iPhone. no date, no info. nothing. so it may be a long wait for you to hold off buyin an iPhone. but just keep your ears open.

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
thats a tough call. i mean as of right now. there is ZERO news on the next series of iPhone. no date, no info. nothing. so it may be a long wait for you to hold off buyin an iPhone. but just keep your ears open.
ok well if i don't hear anything about a new iPhone by the end of october early november then im just gonna go and buy a 8 gig.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
ok well if i don't hear anything about a new iPhone by the end of october early november then im just gonna go and buy a 8 gig.
If I were you I would wait for the release of the iPhone in europe which is about that time you stated, then we know what kind of phone europe gets and that will apply to what is happening here in the USA and we will know exactly what kind of phone we are getting.

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
If I were you I would wait for the release of the iPhone in europe which is about that time you stated, then we know what kind of phone europe gets and that will apply to what is happening here in the USA and we will know exactly what kind of phone we are getting.
wait so if they release a iPhone in europe that is 16gb there gonna have 2 release a 16gb in the U.S.?

well ill wait to see what they release in europe.