iPhone 2.0.2 update fails, 2.0.1 still works

sgrizzle

Jul 17, 2008
After it wiped my phone I kept getting "iPhone could not be restored (6)" when trying to install the latest (2.0.2) firmware. I changed USB ports, rebooted the pc and the phone, everything I could think of or find here. I finally just downloaded the 2.0.1 ipsw file and used it for the restore. Worked fine.

That makes no sense.

Am I the only one?

Maliberti

Aug 12, 2008
After it wiped my phone I kept getting "iPhone could not be restored (6)" when trying to install the latest (2.0.2) firmware. I changed USB ports, rebooted the pc and the phone, everything I could think of or find here. I finally just downloaded the 2.0.1 ipsw file and used it for the restore. Worked fine.

That makes no sense.

Am I the only one?
Nope, it I had a similar problem

sgrizzle

Jul 17, 2008
Well now I have 2.0.1 installed and the phone works perfectly but everytime I connect to iTunes it wants to "restore from backup"

WTH?

sgrizzle

Jul 17, 2008
Well found the cure for my "restore from backup" loop I was having on another thread:
let iTunes start restoring, then force-quit iTunes.
(On Windows, we happily hit ctrl-alt-del of course.)
The iPhone will stop restoring.
Unplug it.
Then restart iTunes.
Replug the iPhone.
And suddenly, they recognize eachother again and can sync normally.
No data lost, just the music needs resyncing.

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I updated mine at 2:30 and it worked fine.

Jul 29, 2008
Winter Park, FL
I updated this afternoon with a minor issue that resolved itself: On first sync after update, applications couldn't sync and raised errors for each one. Synced again and all was good.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I lost everything, I had to start from scratch. I'm upset right now

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Well I know when I updated to 2.0.1, it failed and I had to do it again. The download was corrupt, so I had to re-download it. I hope this time is better.