Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Guess no word on iPhone version 2 maybe that is being pushed back

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
I was so excited when I saw the app store. Then my hopes of getting something new today were shattered when I heard June ... How disappointing.

mstape

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Now endgadget is claiming that the v2 iPhone is rumored to be released in june ? what are they talking about - why would they make all the anouncements for the sdk kit and say nothing about a v2 iPhone. That website just likes to start rumors and get people fired up - To me that makes no sense ......... I was really trying to hold off on jailbreaking my phone - but I am gonna give it some serious consideration now - june is a long time to wait !

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
I think engadget just likes to speculate to get people talking about stuff. What they are saying make sense ... but I never read too much into engadget rumors unless they have sources.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Oh boy... new forum organization, Apple news, spam... I'll be on here for a while.

Honestly I'm very happy. So we have to wait till June? So what? We get an app store that works with Wi-Fi and EDGE and iPhone Software 2.0 does not require buying a new phone. Awesome!

- John

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Good way to look at it. Hopefully some devs will keep us updated on their progress ... get us all wired up before June.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I think that people just need to realize that Apple said the SDK would be available, which it is. It's just the apps that we've got to wait for, which Apple never said anything about.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
If patience is a virtue, and Proverbs says nothing's more valuable than a virtuous woman, then I'm priceless, baby! :p
I guess until then there's always JB...

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Just a fact; did anyone else notice that on the pics of the iPhone home screen with the app store, the iTunes wi-fi store icon had changed?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Yes I did notice that. It makes sense since iTunes is no longer above the iPod app. I assume that's why the arrow was there in the first place because music was downloaded and sent down to the iPod.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I say jailbreakem! No need in waiting till June for a sketch pad app that I have already.

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
I would love to see blackberry connect support for the iPhone like the HTC Tilt has. 100% push email and reliability would be great.

rennyn

Bronze
I would love to see blackberry connect support for the iPhone like the HTC Tilt has. 100% push email and reliability would be great.
It'll never have BIS.. but there's already been word on Exchange support with the 2.0 upgrade that includes the SDK.

SO many nice changes, I can't wait!