iPhone 2.0 update wishlist

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
wow. Can't wait for iPhone 2.0 update in late June this year with the App Store coming out. It's gonna be a really exciting time with all the new apps, especially games. If the engineers can come out with games shown in the SDK preview in 2 weeks, I cannot imagine what we'll have in 4 months of development. But there are still certain stuff that I'll like Apple to include in the update which I feel is really overdue.

1. Bluetooth keyboard support. Wouldn't it be really great if we can have a wireless keyboard linked to the phone? That'll totally blow me away as I can then really use the iPhone as my mini MacBook Air for documents and work.

2. Bluetooth music streaming. Streaming music to my Bluetooth headsets would be a great software upgrade. I would then be able to pull my Bluetooth headsets out of the closet and pair them up with my iPhone. It'll be my dream come true.

3. Cut and paste. Enough said about it. Which OS does not include cut and paste? That'll totally be awesome.

That's about all I can think of that I'll really like. Add on to the list guys and hope Apple will do something about our wishes.

edwardlotz

Jan 29, 2007
email with voice mail .wav files

Just would like to listen to my voice mail wav files.....right now it thinks it is a movie .... but they play in Quicktime...so all Apple needs to do it add the wav codexes....how hard it that?

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
For some reason the other day I was playing music and texting and I could hear all the keyboard clicks and music through my Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset is there any logical explanation for this?

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
For some reason the other day I was playing music and texting and I could hear all the keyboard clicks and music through my Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset is there any logical explanation for this?
Mmmm... That's really interesting. Could it be that Apple have added this feature into the 1.1.4 update and kept mum about it? Maybe I should just try pairing my Bluetooth headphones to my iPhone and see if it'll works. I'll update you guys as later tonight hopefully as I'm still in town running errands right now. Sounds really interesting and exciting.

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
The 2.0 update does sound impressive, but still missing essential components like flash and cut and paste, but I wonder if Apple will address those issues in updates 1.1.5-1.1.9 or will they just go from 1.1.4 to 2.0?

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
The 2.0 update does sound impressive, but still missing essential components like flash and cut and paste, but I wonder if Apple will address those issues in updates 1.1.5-1.1.9 or will they just go from 1.1.4 to 2.0?
yes. Only Apple will know if they'll stillcontinue to add features for us in the following updates leading to 2.0. With regards to flash for iPhone, I've read that adobe flash is not coming to the iPhone soon as the mobile versions that they have right now is not good enough for the iPhone and that the desktop version is not really optimized for the iPhone either. Just hope that Apple and adobe will work something out that'll make browsing on the iPhone extraordinary!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
i would like to see a real decent recording memo app...along with offc for mac

May 6, 2007
United States
The iPhone is a great gadget, but there are a few minor inconveniences with the abilities of it. I would love to see all of the updates listed above, as well as some more firmware updates to further strenghten the WiFi capabilities of the iPhone. After all, the good can always get better.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
mms and copy/paste are my two major annoyances. I've already given up on flash but still cling to slight hopes for these two