iPhone 2.0

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bishop

Mar 3, 2007
Finland
What we expect of the 2.0 version before we even use the first one =)

It should have:

G3
GPS
Resolution: 720x480
Radio
Flash light (very small on the side)
Thermometer
DVB

Size:

Screen size is good. However, they should get rid of the unnecessary black space above and beneath the screen.

Cant think of anything else now =)

I made a picture of what it could look like.

Attachments

franzman

Mar 7, 2007
Needed features

Video is needed!

The camera resolution of 4
+ MP + video capability allowing video conferenciing with ichat and skype.

GPS would rock too!
Also the ability to add 3rd party software like s Skype!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
i still believe if you wait for that in time there will be a 3.0-version, i am buying iPhone 1.0.
Agreed.

I am an admitted tech-junkie. I've come to the realization that if you're always "waiting for the next best thing", you'll spend your whole life waiting...

:cool:

Nieriel

Feb 16, 2007
Agreed.

I am an admitted tech-junkie. I've come to the realization that if you're always "waiting for the next best thing", you'll spend your whole life waiting...

:cool:
I have a painful experience.

I waited about three or so years after the iPod nano came out and bought one last year with my excess college grant money.

what happens a few months later?

THE NEW NANOS COME OUT! GRRRRRRRRRR!

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I agree that all the features mentioned would be great additions. The one thing to keep in mind though is that almost all of them require battery power. Since I think it is safe to say that the next version will have 3G (which requires more power than EDGE), battery life is going to be more of an issue.

At this point I would rather Apple works on making the existing features more energy efficient or on making the battery more powerful (or both ;)). Don't get me wrong, if the battery performs to the specs Apple has on their site, I think the current iPhone's battery is acceptable. I just feel that since the battery is not user replaceable, it should last as long as possible.

integrity

Mar 13, 2007

It should have:

G3
GPS
Radio
Thermometer
DVB

Size:

Screen size is good. However, they should get rid of the unnecessary black space above and beneath the screen.

I don't think they can get rid of the "unnecessary" black space because there's a lot going inside where that black space exists.

GPS would be a nice addition, but the Google Maps interface will be good enough for me. I also don't mind the 4GB/8GB size because I currently own a nano with less space and the battery will run out before I could listen to every song.

gmplr831

Mar 12, 2007

It should have:

G3
GPS
Radio
Thermometer
DVB

Size:

Honestly, except for the internet and space, the iPhone is perfect for our maerkets. What remains to be seen is whether EDGE will be as bad as it is on other phones.

iBrad

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
um

some people seem excited about the idea of a new iPhone... don't get me wrong... i LOVE my iPhone... but they haven't even perfected this one yet... they are still on 1.0... I'm HOPING they aren't trying to work on a new one already... There are so many things that they should still be improving on with the current iPhone...

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Oh well...from Day 1, I always told my wife that what I REALLY wanted was iPhone 2.0, and that the iPhone I'm using now is really hers and I'll give it back to her when iPhone 2.0 comes out. Looks like I'll only have to wait until Christmas...

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Oh well...from Day 1, I always told my wife that what I REALLY wanted was iPhone 2.0, and that the iPhone I'm using now is really hers and I'll give it back to her when iPhone 2.0 comes out. Looks like I'll only have to wait until Christmas...
yaaaa....no

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
You hope!

hehe

:p