iPhone 2 Screen Failure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lon, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

The screen on one of my friend's iPhone 2 is unresponsive. Therefore she cannot enter the password to get into the phone or access it with iTunes. She already replaced it with an iPhone 4, but, of course, had no backup and would like to retreive info from the phone. Any way around this? I can get it into Recovery Mode, but if I do a Restore will iTunes do a backup before resetting to factory settings?

2. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Anyway you can display to monitor. Didn't Apple do live demos of all their iPhone releases?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Not that I am aware of.

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

It is jailbroken, but I never installed Open SSH so can't get into that way either.
    We just need to get a backup that she can restore her new iPhone 4 with to retrieve Contacts, etc.
    I apparently didn't mentor "backups" effectively enough!

5. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Well, I found an old backup on another computer from April 2011, so she is up to date through then. Guess she is going to go see a Genius about releasing the pass code so iTunes will allow access to it just to get a backup to restore from. The person I talked to on the phone was not a tech so I'm not sure whether a Genius can do anything or not.