iPhone 2G Bricked- Help!

Nov 18, 2008
I did something stupid, and used an old quickpwn version with jailbroken 2.2- I disconnected the cable in the middle when it became obvious it would not work- and now whenever I start my phone it hangs on boot icon. I can get into restore mode. I tried restoring with iTunes 7.x; it says "...cannot be restored. An unknown error occurred (9)".

More specifically, it attempts to restore (Apple icon and bar displayed successfully) but then the custom boot icon is displayed and it says that error.

What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: To my relief it restored. The trick is to go into recovery, select restore (Don't Shift+L.Click- just let it do it's thing) and wait. Now I need to re-jailbreak... I got my excitement for the day.

Lesson learned. Never get lazy and decide to use an old winpwn version.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I did something stupid, and used an old quickpwn version with jailbroken 2.2- I disconnected the cable in the middle when it became obvious it would not work- and now whenever I start my phone it hangs on boot icon. I can get into restore mode. I tried restoring with iTunes 7.x; it says "...cannot be restored. An unknown error occurred (9)".

More specifically, it attempts to restore (Apple icon and bar displayed successfully) but then the custom boot icon is displayed and it says that error.

What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: To my relief it restored. The trick is to go into recovery, select restore (Don't Shift+L.Click- just let it do it's thing) and wait. Now I need to re-jailbreak... I got my excitement for the day.

Lesson learned. Never get lazy and decide to use an old winpwn version.
Thanks for sharing how you did fix this problem! It´s not that kind just saying - "I fixed the problem...everything is fine again"...:laugh2:

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Or you couldve have turned the phone off...held down the home button then reconnected the iPhone;)
-Each time I go to jailbreak I end up messing something up so Ive gone through everything lol!