iPhone 2G

Jan 15, 2012
Hi, I hv a problem! I am having 2g jail broken iPhone which I am not able to log on to my new wifi net work here in India,earlier I was able to connect my home wi fi net work in USA.
iPhone is able to detect my wifi modem name but not getting connected, I get MSG: unable to join netWork.
Please help as I am able to use my ipad2 and laptop on same home wifi network.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Try turning the router/modem off (unplug from power) wait a few seconds then plug it back in. See of that helps.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Another option to consider is resetting network settings on your device. Be aware, you will lose all of your previously associated wireless networks.

Jan 15, 2012
Hi all, yes thx for the valuable guidance, sure, I did tried both but no success . So I think I need to setting of my wifi modem on my iPhone ,which I do not know. Pl help me out.

Jan 15, 2012
Hi I also tried to enter admin as password and I was able to connect my I phone with wifi modem but was not able to open any Internet sites. So I think pro persist. Pl help.

blastewitz

Bronze
Feb 3, 2011
Bognor Regis
If it's automatic ip u have to go in dhcp option in iPhone wireless settings and fill in IP number something above or under the last digit u gave on your other devices so there's no ip conflict . Fill in Subnetmask, router and dns(last 2 r the same) . Then ask to join n will promt for password ; put the password in and your gud 2 go. Hope it helps