iPhone 3.0 and BMW/MINI question

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Does anybody here have a mini / bmw with the iPhone 3.0 beta running and using the official 'y' lead to display ipod info on the screen?

I have just been back to the dealer because my 3g 3.0 isn't charging with the official lead, 2 salesmen had iPhone 3g's running 2.2.1 and theres started charging straight away.

Is anyone else having/not having problems. I also downgraded to 2.2.1 but that didn't fix it, but i have know idea whether the baseband or some other component that doesn't downgrade could interfere with charging?

Just for info, my iPhone charges fine with wall charger, usb to computer, and even the car 'y' lead just plugged into a computer works fine... the only thing i could have thought of would be the car's faulty, but the 2 iPhones from the dealer on 2.2.1 ran fine....

Any ideas?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
bump for anyone with 3.0 and a BMW / Mini to help? Macgirl, don't you have a Bmw?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
bump for anyone with 3.0 and a BMW / Mini to help? Macgirl, don't you have a Bmw?
I do, but I don't have navigation nor the set-up to show my iPhone's screen contents on any display. :( I just have the factory iPod connection kit to charge/play my iPod/iPhone and the Bluetooth set-up.

That is a strange issue, indeed. The only thing that I can think of is what you mentioned - that 3.0 changed some low-level charging settings so that it will only charge if the voltage reaches a certain level, which the Y-cable connection may not be reaching. Downgrading to 2.2.1 wouldn't necessarily revert these settings if they were low-level enough, as the baseband is. However, I'm totally talking out of school here and have not heard of this issue anywhere else. I hope you find a solution!

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
thanks anyway.... hmmm back to the drawing board!