iPhone 3.0 MMS on AT&T

soosb21

Bronze
Nov 2, 2007
i wonder if att is gonna allow mms before the public release of 3.0. i spent about a hour on the phone with att and Apple...... the both seemed to know about the mms on the iPhone but really didn't know how to activate it. or maybe i just need to try again. as for swirlymms users its very easy now to get them to enable WAP push. had mine enabled but it still wont work.

has anyone gotten 3.0 mms working on att?

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
this is not true. i've had swirly working on my 3g for quite some time now.
i'm just waiting for a developer to add me to their list so i can upgrade and test on the new firmware

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
my bb plan is on my account now and im just finishing the sync up on installing 3.0 I will let you know if it works

soosb21

Bronze
Nov 2, 2007
AT&T has a 2 door system. If a rep enables MMS on the iPhone, the 2nd door automatically disables it.
ah yes a fail safe of some sort. im sure they will get that outta the way for the beta testers. they just got the memo today that 3.0 was comming with mms

i'm just waiting for a developer to add me to their list so i can upgrade and test on the new firmware
as for getting added i would add ya if i was a developer i some how found a loop hole because i was a beta tester for the buddy app, but send your UID to styfle he seems to be hookin people up toss some money his way of ya can too he is doing a very cool thing for people. but hurry im sure his 100 is filling fast

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
swirly doesn't matter. NO ONE (on AT&T) has gotten MMS working on 3.0 yet.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
In swirly you have to put in specific settings to get it to work, I think on a different server. You can't do that with the mms on iPhone 3.0

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
I'm not going to argue. Someone already said they can send but not receive on rogers network. Which was a problem on swirly as well, rogers customers could send but not receive. Now this guy can send but not receive on the 3.0 OS. Seems to me that my theory is the more logical here. If I'm wrong I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong but your uninfomed guessing does us all no good.

soosb21

Bronze
Nov 2, 2007
AT&T has a 2 door system. If a rep enables MMS on the iPhone, the 2nd door automatically disables it.
yeah cool and all but this thread is about att and the mms, but have heard o2 is working

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Every network is different. In case you didn't read all the replies in thre thread, no one has gotten it to work on AT&T which obviously means its not going to happen any time soon unless AT&T does something about it.

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Every network is different. In case you didn't read all the replies in thre thread, no one has gotten it to work on AT&T which obviously means its not going to happen any time soon unless AT&T does something about it.[/QUOTE
If some one has already proven that he can send - why do you feel that you need to tell me my idea will not work when you haven't tried for yourself?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Seems to me that my theory is the more logical here. If I'm wrong I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong but your uninfomed guessing does us all no good.
i'm not guessing... just reporting what many others already have. MMS on 3.0 does not work on AT&T right now; regardless of who you call or what you try.

And, yes, i have heard a few people on Rogers and O2 say they can send MMS, but not receive.

soosb21

Bronze
Nov 2, 2007
Humm no need to get all agro I over it people

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
If some one has already proven that he can send - why do you feel that you need to tell me my idea will not work when you haven't tried for yourself?
what is "your idea"? So far you have only said that Swirly works...

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
What exactly is "your idea" ? Im just saying that rogers and o2 are different than AT&T. If you can get it working on AT&T then I will apologize for doubtingyou but until then im sticking with the idea that we have to wait for AT&T to activate it.

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Yes swirly works for me which means these restrictions you talk about don't really apply to everyone. I have not seen 1 single post that says "I could send mms with swirly but not now that I've updated to 3.0". Until you can show me that post I will hold out hope that I'm right.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
What you're saying basically suggests that swirly works the exact sane way that Apples way of mms does.

Doesn't swirly have you edit your settings based on your carrier and pick a server?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I have not seen 1 single post that says "I could send mms with swirly but not now that I've updated to 3.0". Until you can show me that post I will hold out hope that I'm right.
One of many.

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that specific post (#421, in case the link isn't working right) by rick (up1oad) details a conversation he had with AT&T about this exact subject.