iPhone 3.0b6

Mar 21, 2008
there's lot's of talk that TODAY will actually be the day Apple decides to release the 3.0b6! what is everyone's thoughts on this? think it will be today? next week?

i personally think it will be today as there are rumors that there will be a total of 8 betas before the final release.. but, then again, it was speculated that we'd get beta 6 for the past two weeks! so.. i sit and i wait!

thoughts?

badge

Bronze
Feb 23, 2009
Bristol UK
With the release of iTunes 8.2 i would not be surprised if we have no more betas..

bluedrib

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
The Boot "Louisiana"
i too think the betas are done, because they would only have a week til they release it to the world. If we did see beta 6 today i think it would be the final version in beta format. i don't think there would be a difference between B6 and the final 3.0os

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
For the devs out there look on the dev center where you normally download betas from. They moved the downloads to the bottom of the page and moved all the developing resources to the top. I am thinking that's a sign to us that there will be no more betas.

If we were to see a beta 6 I agree with bluedrib that it would basically be the final 3.0, just with an expiration and necessary dev registration so we don't go handing it out to everyone.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
For the devs out there look on the dev center where you normally download betas from. They moved the downloads to the bottom of the page and moved all the developing resources to the top. I am thinking that's a sign to us that there will be no more betas.

If we were to see a beta 6 I agree with bluedrib that it would basically be the final 3.0, just with an expiration and necessary dev registration so we don't go handing it out to everyone.

iphun i couldn't agree more, Beta 5 seems ok, even thought it's still a little buggy e.g losing the keypad slider so you can't access the phone (v.annoying). I hope we ALL find out on WWDC when the final release is. There is so much speculation at present no one knows what's actual FACT and whats FICTION.

I think were all out of Beta's :(

I stand by my word with the whole trying to remain calm and simply wait for an official answer. I'm not going to deny, i want to scream sometimes.... but i hold myself back.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
iphun i couldn't agree more, Beta 5 seems ok, even thought it's still a little buggy e.g losing the keypad slider so you can't access the phone (v.annoying). I hope we ALL find out on WWDC when the final release is. There is so much speculation at present no one knows what's actual FACT and whats FICTION.

I think were all out of Beta's :(

I stand by my word with the whole trying to remain calm and simply wait for an official answer. I'm not going to deny, i want to scream sometimes.... but i hold myself back.
IF anything and I mean IF we are going to see anything I think it will be announced at WWDC. Like the final beta will be announced for us to download with some features they haven't announced yet. Other than that we are fresh out of betas, I agree. The expiration of beta 5 is June 19th and they usually give us a week to update. The week of WWDC is the week before the 19th, so we will see another beta or the final release then. But if we get another beta it will be the LAST one unless some major problem comes with that beta. WWDC WILL be when we find out everything about the next release. I know just some more speculation, but with some of the facts(expiration and typical time given to update) it seems most likely that's what will happen.

I am still getting the occasional network drop but it seems to be getting a little better and that's my only problem. I think we are on the road to a good final release.

Mar 21, 2008
loving all the input you guys are providing! and it all makes a lot of sense in the big scheme of things! only time will tell now!

come on final release! lol

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
put your pants back on Mercury1975 ;)

Mar 21, 2008
put your pants back on Mercury1975 ;)

dang.. if i must..

i really don't care either way! while the thought of more beta's is definitely nice, i, like everyone else, really can't wait til the final release.. that's the goal and well, if that date is possibly closer than July something or other, well, then, that's EVEN BETTER!

*pants back on now*

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
beta 6 = official 3.0

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
dang.. if i must..

i really don't care either way! while the thought of more beta's is definitely nice, i, like everyone else, really can't wait til the final release.. that's the goal and well, if that date is possibly closer than July something or other, well, then, that's EVEN BETTER!

*pants back on now*
I was only playing. i do want a beta 6, just so we know that the final 3.0 FW is good to go. I'm secretly hoping for a video camera for the 3g, i want those drunken nights out recorded forever. WE will find out soon enough i assume. Even when they release the date for the 3.0 FW i'll be far more concerned about the iPhone 3rd gen to arrive at my doorstep, i can't wait for it. I will defo go for the top model- whatever the cost.

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
i hope they release offical 3.0, i want that video! and lol @ beta 5 expiring on june 19? like why would they need to extend it that far

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
and lol @ beta 5 expiring on june 19? like why would they need to extend it that far
Well...if they release official 3.0 after keynote at wwdc that would give us 10 days to upgrade before it expired. Each of the betas have given us 10 days to upgrade after the newer one was released. Sooooo, we can expect either the official or a new beta after keynote.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think a 3.0 release next week at WWDC is pretty likely. No way are they going to do a dual hardware/firmware release in July like last time...

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
what about mms? are they gonna put it back on for the final release... (assuming this is the last beta)

Also tethering not working for me. i have options, but my comp wont find it as a connection...

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
I think a 3.0 release next week at WWDC is pretty likely. No way are they going to do a dual hardware/firmware release in July like last time...
this was absolutely terrible! i stood in line for 3 hours to get my phone, then another hour while she tried to activate it, only to be sent away to try it at home later. couldnt do it till about 9 that night! i was the first one at my store to leave unactivated :oops: