iPhone 3.1 battery issue!

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
This concerns the iPhone 3g s battery related issue. I bought the iPhone 3g s on launch day. Battery was not that great. I finally sold it and just recently this week I bought another iPhone 3g s. The difference in this one verses the one on launch day is the fact that from the factory it has the 3.1 firmware installed. Now the one on launch day had the 3.0 does this make a difference with all the battery complaints? I don't know just a thought. Let me know what you think. :)

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
The battery on the iPhone 3g s is much better with Apple installed 3.1 software. Again i know this sounds strange but this is what I noticed in the difference from the phone on launch day verses the phone available today in stores.

KamberB

Feb 26, 2009
Funny that you should say that cause I just got upgraded by Apple to the 3G-S from the 3G because of multiple issues that i've been having but the battery on the 3G-S seems to die down rather quickly compared to the 3G

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I don't know, I just know what I have experienced I guess each phone is different. With everyday use I can get 2 - 3 days on a charge on the 3g s. The one I bought on launch day I would get a day. So this is really hard to understand. Thanks

E

electrician455

I don't know, I just know what I have experienced I guess each phone is different. With everyday use I can get 2 - 3 days on a charge on the 3g s. The one I bought on launch day I would get a day. So this is really hard to understand. Thanks
I'm very interested! I would love to find out more inforamtion related to this topic. Thanks in advance.
me too, I need more detailed info.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I had the battery issue when I updated to 3.1. I had hoped that 3.1.2 would fix the problem, but it didn't. I went to the Apple store, talked to a 'genius', and he eventually just gave me a new iPhone. Since then the battery has been phenomenal!

True story.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
No battery issues here and I got the 3GS on launch. I would have about 40% left after a day of moderate use. The firmware update to 3.1.2 (I skipped 3.1 because of the issues I read others were having) seems to have improved the battery life. If I have bluetooth off I can go 2 days without needing a charge. Right now my battery shows nearly full and it has been unplugged since 4am. I haven't used it much today.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I bought my 3GS here in October, and did 100% -> 0% (drain the battery..) 3-4 times. The battery life seems good, and about 30-40% left after 24 hours with some use.

I wondering if Apple has change the battery since the release date!? My iPhone came with 3.1.