iPhone 3G 2.0.0 Mail Issues

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
I am getting tired of this. It has been a week or so and nothing has fixed itself, and no matter how many times I try redoing the mail settings, I make no progress.

I have restored the phone once as well, with no differing results.

Rarely all accounts will receive, never will they send.

WTF

It's a 16GB iPhone 3G if it matters. United States, out of the box, not jailbroken / hacked / unlocked, etc.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Without information like the settings you are using and what your mail server supports, it's kinda hard to help you.

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
I had the mail accounts synced from exactly how they were on my old iPhone, which worked flawlessly.

There is a pop account, gmail account, and MobileMe. All receive, sometimes, but never send. I get an error that either the username or password is wrong, or contact doesn't exist.

Me.com's account just doesn't send, no error.

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
When you restore to a new phone, the passwords don't come with. I had the same problem until I put all the passwords in again (ditto with WiFi passwords, BTW).

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
If it were me, I would delete the accounts and set them up again manually.
I've tried.

When you restore to a new phone, the passwords don't come with. I had the same problem until I put all the passwords in again (ditto with WiFi passwords, BTW).
Hmm.. I THOUGHT I did that, but would it be the same right after a restore as opposed to if I were to retype them in right now?

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
Bump - Re setup gmail account. Now I only have Gmail and MobileMe on there.

They both receive fine, but wont send. MobileMe just.. doesn't send it. It gives me an error : "Cannot Send Mail - One of the recipient addresses was invalid."

Gmail DID just send to MobileMe though, and I got it right away. So now Me won't send, but gmail will. WTF? lol...

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
Guess it's not passwords then. I'm out of ideas. Good luck.

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
I just restored "to a new phone" and put the mail accounts in by hand. We're up and running now like when I first got the phone... lets see if it breaks overnight.