iPhone 3G 2.1 sync issues

Dec 6, 2008
Sharjah, UAE
hi, i have an unlocked iPhone 3g (version 2.1) that i am using in UAE and it works fine. The problem that i am having is that when i try to add music to it using iTunes or and apps, under devices i see "iPhone" but it is a white blank screen with this writing

"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card."

Why is this happening?Can someone please help?
Thank You.

P.S
<-- i have tired that but it doesn't help. (same problem though)

is there any other way to sync or add music to my iPhone other than iTunes? sorry but i am new to this.

abusyiham

Nov 30, 2008
MALAYSIA
Hi mskanarchist,
I guess you’re using some kinds of unlock SIM solution (e.g. TurboSIM) for your iPhone 3G. Just sync sync your iPhone with iTunes without sim card in it. Cheer...

Dec 6, 2008
Sharjah, UAE
Hi mskanarchist,
I guess you’re using some kinds of unlock SIM solution (e.g. TurboSIM) for your iPhone 3G. Just sync sync your iPhone with iTunes without sim card in it. Cheer...

Hey abusyiham,
thanks for you reply, i have tried that too it doesn't work :(
and how do i find out which kind of unlock i am using?
Thank You.

abusyiham

Nov 30, 2008
MALAYSIA
I'm also don't know but actually i have same problem with you and i can syncing my iPhone with no sim card installed.

Dec 6, 2008
Sharjah, UAE
do you have iPhone 3g?and is it version 2.1?
i am using iTunes 8 *-)..7.7 doesn't work with iPhone.

abusyiham

Nov 30, 2008
MALAYSIA
My iPhone 3g fw 2.0.2 with itune 8.0.2 and plan to upgrade with pwntool 2.2.1 soon.