iPhone 3G 3.0 beta 3 question

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Ok, my girlfriends new car arrives tomorrow, its a Mini and has a built in blutooth phone - so im presuming connecting her iPhone will be easy enough. My question is about connecting the iPhone to the stereo. Will it be able to stream through the cars bluetooth now 3.0 has A2DP? If so, does anyone do this currently? How is it done and is it fully operational?

Thanks! Ive never had a car with built in bluetooth before, so im unsure of its limitations!?

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Ok, my girlfriends new car arrives tomorrow, its a Mini and has a built in blutooth phone - so im presuming connecting her iPhone will be easy enough. My question is about connecting the iPhone to the stereo. Will it be able to stream through the cars bluetooth now 3.0 has A2DP? If so, does anyone do this currently? How is it done and is it fully operational?

Thanks! Ive never had a car with built in bluetooth before, so im unsure of its limitations!?
I doubt it. I have an 2009 altima that has bluetooth built in and I am pretty sure it only will work with the phone... but I have been wrong before...

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I doubt it as well - the car's Bluetooth radio would need to have the A2DP profile to do this, and I doubt it does. I haven't hear of any cars in the BMW/Mini line-up that do...

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
thanks guys / girls - i need a £40 lead to connect the audio side (or a £1 lead if im not bothered about it displaying the track name or charging the iPhone)

meth2000

Jan 5, 2009

I have an after market head unit from Pioneer it has built in bluetooth, it also has a stereo bluetooth option on it also. I have not tried hooking up my iPhone because I did not download the beta, but I have hooked up other phones like my old Moto Q. I guess to answer your question, is its going to depend on the stereo capabilities.
-Meth