iPhone 3G 3.0 OS - MMS problem

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
hmmm how are some people on 5.0 and the rest of us on 4.0? is AT&T individually sending carrier updates out or doing it by region?

xnight

Jun 1, 2009
You guys gotta get out there and check out the other iPhone forums and get all the info you need, guys have the 5.0 carrier update from when 3.0 was being beta tested and its available everywhere if you just search, i must tell you though, i had MMS enabled in my phone with the 3.0 GM with a unlimited family text plan and an individual plan and had that opt out thing changed and called AT&T to make sure i didn't have mms blocked because i wasn't receiving the MMS alerts, and my MMS never worked it would stop just before it would finish loading.

As far as all the people saying they have it enabled, i don't believe most, unless they had it unblocked by AT&T, i do believe they can do it, who would ever find out....... oh and don't believe a single word a Rep tells you unless you are a personal friend.

kayyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009

.after yew install the carrier profile.the virtual voicemail doesn't work anymore....so yew have to update yur voicemail settings again....here are the settings.

go to Settings--General-Network-Cellular Data Network.
Then change the APN under Visual Voicemail to acds.voicemail

kayyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
.oOo....if you try it...

enter the mms network settings the video gives you...try to send a mms and it wont work.....turn off your phone...turn it back on......and restore the mms settings to defaults. (reset settings)

and enjoy mms messaging.

xnight

Jun 1, 2009
i couldnt help myself so i did it..... but guess what... still no F*%^^&%^g MMS although i can enable it ...it still doesn't work

kayyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
.here if you guys want help getting it to work contact me on aim or msn messenger.

.im no tech geek and i got mine working...im almost certain you guys no more then i do when it comes to this...so i guarntee it'll work.

x]

aim: kaygdagkay

msn: pbonds514@yahoo.com

no spam please....lol

kayyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
.figured it out guys......i don't the iPhone msging plan.......i have a shared plan so i have normal msgin....meaning....mms.

xnight

Jun 1, 2009
.figured it out guys......i don't the iPhone msging plan.......i have a shared plan so i have normal msgin....meaning....mms.
Hey dude, i just called ATT and had them switch my plan to a non iPhone text plan but it still doesn't work.... does it take a while to go into effect?.... that was my last option

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

yep if you have a different plan you can get it to work. I played around with my 3G last night and followed the steps and got it to work. Not on my iPhone plan, but I took the Sim from my BlackBerry and put it in the iPhone and it worked perfectly. Sent a few back and forth to my wife's phone. BUT, not gonna try this with my 3GS, I'll just wait for the official update, I've already waited 2 years lol

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Hey dude, i just called ATT and had them switch my plan to a non iPhone text plan but it still doesn't work.... does it take a while to go into effect?.... that was my last option
try putting your SIM in another phone, send a MMS, put your SIM back in the iPhone and see if it works.