iPhone 3G 3.1 Jailbreak & Unlock

JamesW

Sep 11, 2009
Hi Guys

Whats the usual time it takes for the dev team to get a working jailbreak up and working?

Stupidly ive just updated the firmware to 3.1 due to hearing about certain features, without realising that i still need to jailbreak and unlock the phone before i can properly use it! Duh!:035:eek:nfire

I've tried to restore back to 3.0 and 3.0.1 but it is not possible with the new baseband being changed to 05.11.07

Pain in the ass or what!

cheers

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Downgrading is not possible with the 3GS because Apple has blocked it, but you should still be able to downgrade with your 3G, though it might entail a few different steps.

A jailbreak will probably be out by the 25th, in many folks' opinion.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Hi Guys

Whats the usual time it takes for the dev team to get a working jailbreak up and working?

Stupidly ive just updated the firmware to 3.1 due to hearing about certain features, without realising that i still need to jailbreak and unlock the phone before i can properly use it! Duh!:035:eek:nfire

I've tried to restore back to 3.0 and 3.0.1 but it is not possible with the new baseband being changed to 05.11.07

Pain in the ass or what!

cheers
Bad move............

If you update to Apple's new software using the normal iTunes process, you will lose your ultrasn0w unlock. In fact you may lose it permanently, because for most people the baseband firmware cannot be reverted to a previous version (unlike the main application CPU firmware).

smanvig

Sep 14, 2009
unlock iPhone 3G 3.1

well i upgraded my iPhone to 3.1 not knowing the consequence! i was wondering is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY I CAN MAYBE RESTORE IT or jailbreak n unlock it again? Or i found this website online (http://www.iPhoneunlocking.com/index.php) OR (http://www.unlock-the-iphone.com/) where they guarantee to unlock any iPhone (including the ones with the 3.1 firmware) for 25$ do u guys think its legit?
heeeeeeellllpppppppp pleasezzzzzzz
again i have a 3G iPhone

DocRawk

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
I looked in the faq section of one of those sites as I was curious as to how they have a JB or unlock before the dev teams. Their faq specifies the 3.1 betas. I would imagine that if you purchase those programs, you'll still be out of luck until they find a way to incorporate the dev teams' JB/unlock code into an update. Pretty shady IMO.

LKB3rd

Jun 21, 2009
CT
All you can do is wait and see. What's done is done.

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Saurik released rollback instructions to go back to 3.0. I read them on MMI.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Saurik released rollback instructions to go back to 3.0. I read them on MMI.
It doesn't matter even if he does downgrade now his baseband has been updated so there is no chance to unlock it even if he downgrades back to 3.0