iPhone 3G _call button crash_ after quickpwn installation. help please!

mavsci

Oct 7, 2008
Hi guys!
I'm facing a problem that I can't seem to fix:
my CALL button / function seems to have crashed.

I got the iPhone 3g about a week ago. today i wanted to replace the default 'new mail' bleep-sound by a cooler sound, and found out it couldn't be done. after doing some online research i found out that the only way to do this is to jailbreak the iPhone and replace the file manually. so i did.. fiddled around for a few hours and finally i got it to work. yay!
i used quickpwn 2.1 on the iPhone firmware 2.1 and everything seemed to work great! downloaded some applications, changed that sound, etc. everything was sweet!

UNTIL.. i pressed the CALL button..

when i press this i get a keypad. i can't press anything though. it just doesn't respond to anything that i press.. within a few seconds it throws me back into the iPhone home window.
i CAN receive calls. and i can also make calls by using the contacts button. however then of course i cannot end calls or put it on loudspeaker, because i don't see those options.

conclusion: my call button seems to have crashed and i can't seem to fix it.

i have tried rebooting the iPhone. also resetting it (by holding home button and sleep button at the same time) did not help..
i have NOT tried a restore or factory reset yet, but before i want to try that, i want to see if anyone else has this problem or not..

can anyone help me? i'm lost here :(

laterz

tut00

Aug 26, 2008
Hi guys!
I'm facing a problem that I can't seem to fix:
my CALL button / function seems to have crashed.

I got the iPhone 3g about a week ago. today i wanted to replace the default 'new mail' bleep-sound by a cooler sound, and found out it couldn't be done. after doing some online research i found out that the only way to do this is to jailbreak the iPhone and replace the file manually. so i did.. fiddled around for a few hours and finally i got it to work. yay!
i used quickpwn 2.1 on the iPhone firmware 2.1 and everything seemed to work great! downloaded some applications, changed that sound, etc. everything was sweet!

UNTIL.. i pressed the CALL button..

when i press this i get a keypad. i can't press anything though. it just doesn't respond to anything that i press.. within a few seconds it throws me back into the iPhone home window.
i CAN receive calls. and i can also make calls by using the contacts button. however then of course i cannot end calls or put it on loudspeaker, because i don't see those options.

conclusion: my call button seems to have crashed and i can't seem to fix it.

i have tried rebooting the iPhone. also resetting it (by holding home button and sleep button at the same time) did not help..
i have NOT tried a restore or factory reset yet, but before i want to try that, i want to see if anyone else has this problem or not..

can anyone help me? i'm lost here :(

laterz

I had the same thing happen to me when I first jailbroke my phone. I thought that it might have been related to an app I installed. I restored my phone and then decided to jail break it again. I have been fine since then. I have installed all the same apps, except inteliscreen. I think that was the thing that broke it, but I am not sure. i have not tried putting it back on to see. So i could be talking out of my a@$ on what caused it.

Hope this helps.

mavsci

Oct 7, 2008
I had the same thing happen to me when I first jailbroke my phone. I thought that it might have been related to an app I installed. I restored my phone and then decided to jail break it again. I have been fine since then. I have installed all the same apps, except inteliscreen. I think that was the thing that broke it, but I am not sure. i have not tried putting it back on to see. So i could be talking out of my a@$ on what caused it.

Hope this helps.
you're 100% right! Thanks a lot!

actually before i read your reply i'd already restored it, and i found out the exact same as what you just posted. restore the machine. i did exactly the same things as before (restore everything -> jailbreak it -> install all cydia etc updates, connect it to my pc and copy the soundfile), but now everything works.
could be that some game like quake, macman or something like that messed it up the first time, but apart from those i did everything exactly the same as i did before. so i doubt it.. i don't think it's that inteliscreen application causing it. i never ran that application anyway.. maybe it's just some jailbreaking bug or whatever..
anyway, seems to work now so i'm damn happy. thought for a minute that i destroyed my brandnew iPhone, which got me stressed out :) .. big relief that it works again now ;)

Thanks a lot for your reply man!

Oct 2, 2008
places in cali
wow, im on the same boat 4 problems but dunno if just restore then jailbreak is gonna b the answer ever time.. totally newbie and stoked on jailbreak but dunno what todo bout it... i don't want to flame on a new post so i thought i'd let you guys know.. what else can i do to fix this problem. MORE THEN THAT.. i didn't find apps i was sure of, which ones should i find on which installer/cyndia/Applestore? and how to i get my phone 2 make me cooler and not want to throw the f%ck in the water

mavsci

Oct 7, 2008
some dude on another forum said the bug was caused by the 'Kate' application. don't know if it's true, but I try to avoid it anyway ;)

ChrisWN

Nov 17, 2008
"Phone app" crash under QuickPwn 1.1, fw 2.1

I had the same problem - hit Phone, stayed on the dialer for a few seconds and then crashed back to the home screen. Through trial & error, I found that the Dock app (com.natetrue.dock2, v3.20) was the issue. Removed it; no more problems.