iPhone 3G Accessories Forum ?

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Since the new iPhone is shaped a little different I think we need a 3G Accessories specific section to go to. Especially since there will be allot of new people coming to this site over the next few weeks. For Example, this will help new people understand that a specific case is for 3g only or a shield fits 3g not v1.

Your Thoughts?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I am not sure it would need a whole section. But maybe a simple thread for those that might get confused.
Most of the new accessories that are advertising right now have a big 3G stamped on them, so I don't think there would be that much confusion.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Well, I definitely think we need an iPhone 3G cases forum. The question remains whether we need a new iPhone 3G accessories forum or will the existing forum suffice?

Will iPhone 3G accessories differ from current iPhone accessories? I'm not adverse to creating a new forum, just want to be sure we're doing it for the right reasons. Thoughts, opinions?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
If we had a separate forum then that would help the flow of conversations and people could be able to keep better track on something being said about an awesome case or accessory if it is in a separate forum rather than trying to figure out what post they saw it in.

Also, their could be a wealth of information on new cases and new accessories that could be rated, recommended, warned against or what have you.

A new accessories forum could be a new, much welcomed, animal all its own.

I say do it!

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Well, I definitely think we need an iPhone 3G cases forum. The question remains whether we need a new iPhone 3G accessories forum or will the existing forum suffice?

Will iPhone 3G accessories differ from current iPhone accessories? I'm not adverse to creating a new forum, just want to be sure we're doing it for the right reasons. Thoughts, opinions?
I agree with you John. A 3G cases forum is needed but most of the current accessories will work on both.
Ive been spending the better part of this morning trying to find any info on 3G cases and Im coming up broke. I want to have one the day I walk out of the store with it and most of the time the ATT stores have nothing but case logic.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I agree with you John. A 3G cases forum is needed but most of the current accessories will work on both.
Ive been spending the better part of this morning trying to find any info on 3G cases and Im coming up broke. I want to have one the day I walk out of the store with it and most of the time the ATT stores have nothing but case logic.
Who's John? you quoted Chris.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Who's John? you quoted Chris.
ROFL!

Yes, other than adapters for the 1G iPhone's recessed audio jack (which won't be necessary for the 2G iPhone's flush one) all iPhone accessories should work with either model.

-K

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
First generation. It does look like we're getting into a 'generational reference conflict,' since the second generation iPhone operates on the third generation wireless protocol. I guess you could call it the 2G iPhone 3G (versus the 1G iPhone EDGE). I'll spell out "first generation" in future posts! And I've moved the generational refereces in my sig from suffixes to prefixes. Oh, gee. :laugh2:

-K

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i just see it called iPhone v1 more then anything, that is all...

i really don't care i knew what you meant i was just pointing that out..

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
a thread like this is fine, its own section might be over doing it

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle

I think we need a separate forum for official apps from the app store other than installer apps or modification thingy

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Anyone have any clue as to whether or not the Power Support Anti-Glare film will work on the 3g?

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just cleaned my desk. So, now I can actually use a dock. Too bad the 3G doesn't come with a dock. I'll probably purchase one - either the Apple version or a third party dock.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I just cleaned my desk. So, now I can actually use a dock. Too bad the 3G doesn't come with a dock. I'll probably purchase one - either the Apple version or a third party dock.
third party docks always seem to be better, they may have additional stuff like speakers or slot for your bluetooth