iPhone 3G and running emulators

Jul 20, 2008
hey guys whats up? just had a question if there is a way to get super nintendo and sega emulaters to run on the iPhone 3g (16gb)? Ive been searching google up and down sorry if this is an ignorant question im a noob :p

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Right now there is no way to do this on the 2.0 iPhone software. Very, very unlikely anything like this will be allowed into the official App Store. So now your best hope for this would be that - now that 2.0 is jailbroken - some of the emulators that work on 1.1.4 get ported to 2.0 ....

Jul 20, 2008
ok thanks, you know what though I didn't update my iPhone. I just got it yesterday.

1. does iPhone 3g manually update to 2.0 when connected to pc/iTunes? if not how so?

2. if I have not updated is it possible to do so?

thanks for the reply

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
ok thanks, you know what though I didn't update my iPhone. I just got it yesterday.

1. does iPhone 3g manually update to 2.0 when connected to pc/iTunes? if not how so?

2. if I have not updated is it possible to do so?

thanks for the reply
You just got an iPhone 3G yesterday? If so, it runs the 2.0 software out of the box ...

Jul 20, 2008
yes i just figured this out myself that it is 2.0. but thanks for the replys. I cant wait to get these emulaters though. is there an app that comes remotely close to being as cool as the sega and snes emulater?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
You used to be able to use it on Jailbroke iPhones. There was just a jailbreak tool released yesterday for the 3G. Unfortunately, most apps which you could download with a jailbroke phone don't work yet on 2.0. Hopefully soon Though. THen you can get the emulators and stuff.

outsited

Jul 19, 2007
they just ported nes over, just installed it works great

Jul 20, 2008
nes eh? nice:laugh2: i will wait for snes though for mario all stars. could I get simple answers to these questions.

1. where did you get it?
2. is it easy enough for a technically savvy pc person, but iPhone noob to install by himself?
3.does it run at full speed?
4. what site will let me know when the snes and sega emu is out?

thanks a bunch buddys, excuse my ball breaking lol:)

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Why wait for Mario All Stars? Super Mario 3 is the best one, and that's on NES too! I prefer to play Galaga, Kung Fu, Legend of Kage and Spy Hunter though. Don't get me wrong, I have saved the princess a time or two.

Oh, and all NES games play at full speed with sound!

Hit the search bar, this great site will teach you everything you need to know to get your iPhone 3G up and running jailbroken.

Jul 20, 2008
I used the search, but it said no matches found. could i get a link plese and thanks:laugh2:

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Ok. You twisted my arm!
NOTE***If done correctly, you will have a new icon next to your App Store icon called Cydia. Cydia is just like installer, in that you can browse apps to put on your phone. So far, here are some apps worth getting....
Swap Tunes (lets you sync with two separate iTunes computers at the same times)
BossPrefs (extends preferences to turn on/of various radios)
NES emulator (self explanetory, but NO ROMs are supplied)
MIM (allows you to change the carrier name to whatever you choose, AND lets you change the time at the top of the phone to any text you choose)

More apps will come, as they are ported over to work with 2.x firmware.

Link for Windows jailbreak (this will NOT unlock the phone, just jailbreak)
http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1573

Link for Mac jailbreak (this will NOT unlock the phone, just jailbreak)
http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1558

Jul 20, 2008
thanks very much:laugh2: so I have to use the link to jailbreak then where is the link to nes. ive used the search but no results I really appreciate u r:cool: guys help

Jul 20, 2008
thanks very much:laugh2: so I have to use the link to jailbreak then where is the link to nes. ive used the search but no results I really appreciate u r:cool: guys help

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I explained it in my first post.

Jul 20, 2008
ok thanks budd, does this jailbreaking stuff work on the new 2.01 update:cool:?

and also has snes or sega been released?

Jul 21, 2008
I believe you can't jailbrake 2.0.1 yet. Has anyone been able to save their game on NES? I have NES on my jailbroken 3g and it works fine with sound and everything but when i press save game and then check the saved game menu there is nothing there. Do I have a corrupt NES or does it just not work yet?