iPhone 3G and wav files

Mar 24, 2009
Midwest
Our current phone server provides sends our voicemail as an attachment in email. (Exchange 2007 Server) The attachment is a *.wav file.
Has anyone found an app out there that will play *.wav file attachments on their phone? The attachment shows up but when you select to open, the message says; "This move format is not supported."
Thanks in advance for your replies.

clark9825

Bronze
Feb 24, 2008
Our current phone server provides sends our voicemail as an attachment in email. (Exchange 2007 Server) The attachment is a *.wav file.
Has anyone found an app out there that will play *.wav file attachments on their phone? The attachment shows up but when you select to open, the message says; "This move format is not supported."
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Yes there is a free service www.iPhoneconvert.com that you have the server send the wav file to then it converts it to a format that the iPhone can hear. I use it for my vonage phone service and it works great! :)

Mar 24, 2009
Midwest
Thank you for your response. I tried that as well and you are right - it works!
I wanted to also update - that we adjusted our phone system's compression on the wav file - and now they can be played successfuly!
I have to get more info from our phone admin person - once I have the compression settings, I will post that info as well.

Mar 24, 2009
Midwest
To close this out - we changed our phone system wav file compression settings from DPS Group (TrueSpeech) to GSM 6.10.
These settings / terms may only apply to our phone system. I am not familiar enough with this to know if they are "standard terminology".

Thanks.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Easiest way to play wav files on the iPhone is to change the file extension to .caf, which plays in Quicktime. No other conversion needed.