iPhone 3G Announced :)

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
iPhone 3G Announced :)

Even thinner, black plastic back, solid metal buttons, same gorgeous display, camera, flush headphone jack, and dramatically improved audio.

"We took two other 3G phones -- the iPhone 3G is 36% faster than the nokia N95 and Treo 750 -- and look at the result you get, by the way! Full page on the iPhone, and quite a bit less on the other phones."

"If we compare this to WiFi, we'll see 3G approaches WiFi speeds. We're also really proud that we're doing this with great battery life -- standby time is 300 hours."

"Browsing, 5-6 hours of high speed browsing. Video - 7 hours, audio - 24 hours."

"2G talk time is up from 8 hours to 10 hours. 3G talk time... other phones have 3 - 3.5 hours, we've managed 5 hours of 3G talk time, which is an industry-leading amount of time."

Zig-zagging down Lombard street. "So! Built in GPS, and much, much faster data. We think we can check off 3G and add built-in GPS to boot."

Pricing now $199 (8GB) and $299 (16GB)!

Rolling out in 22 countries July 11th!

Editing with more info.

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
projectdarkside said:
It was just released that the 8GB is $199 and the 16GB is $299
Their is also a white version!
Yep, I am sorry there isn't a 32GB but I am definitely happy with the pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:

mstngguy

Jun 9, 2008
Did they say anything about upgrade options from first gen iPhones

matt4492

May 28, 2008
Did they say anything about upgrade options from first gen iPhones
i am also interested if the will give any upgrading options

They said that they are not offering upgrades, or discounts of any sort to current iPhone owners, basically you got what you bought:)
where did you get this information? I'm just curious, not denying the truth

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yeah, your options are $199 and $299 just like anybody else. Your phone will still work fine (and even better after 7/11) but it just won't be as fast as the new one or have GPS. That's just the flow of technology.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky

where did you get this information? I'm just curious, not denying the truth
Someone posted that their was a website- thats still going on- called "The Digital Lifestyle" or something, and they were having a live feed from the WWDC! And as they were getting updates with video from the WWDC conference, I was updating EIC with the new info:laugh2:

You can post your question their on their comments section, and they will answer it "live"