iPhone 3G Announced :)

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
iPhone 3G Announced :)

Even thinner, black plastic back, solid metal buttons, same gorgeous display, camera, flush headphone jack, and dramatically improved audio.

"We took two other 3G phones -- the iPhone 3G is 36% faster than the nokia N95 and Treo 750 -- and look at the result you get, by the way! Full page on the iPhone, and quite a bit less on the other phones."

"If we compare this to WiFi, we'll see 3G approaches WiFi speeds. We're also really proud that we're doing this with great battery life -- standby time is 300 hours."

"Browsing, 5-6 hours of high speed browsing. Video - 7 hours, audio - 24 hours."

"2G talk time is up from 8 hours to 10 hours. 3G talk time... other phones have 3 - 3.5 hours, we've managed 5 hours of 3G talk time, which is an industry-leading amount of time."

Zig-zagging down Lombard street. "So! Built in GPS, and much, much faster data. We think we can check off 3G and add built-in GPS to boot."

Pricing now $199 (8GB) and $299 (16GB)!

Rolling out in 22 countries July 11th!

Editing with more info.

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
projectdarkside said:
It was just released that the 8GB is $199 and the 16GB is $299
Their is also a white version!
Yep, I am sorry there isn't a 32GB but I am definitely happy with the pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i am also interested if the will give any upgrading options
Yeah, your options are $199 and $299 just like anybody else. Your phone will still work fine (and even better after 7/11) but it just won't be as fast as the new one or have GPS. That's just the flow of technology.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
i am also interested if the will give any upgrading options

where did you get this information? I'm just curious, not denying the truth
Someone posted that their was a website- thats still going on- called "The Digital Lifestyle" or something, and they were having a live feed from the WWDC! And as they were getting updates with video from the WWDC conference, I was updating EIC with the new info:laugh2:

You can post your question their on their comments section, and they will answer it "live"