iPhone 3G Battery Life Comparisons to Other Smartphones

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
PC World conducted a very interesting test on the iPhone 3G's battery compared to other smartphones on the market today. The results are below.

"PC World's Test Center ran it through their standard talk-time battery life test, and found that on average it ran 5 hours, 38 minutes, a running time that they considered earned a Fair rating."

Of other handsets that support AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network, only the HTC Touch Dual came close, with an average talk time of 5 hours, 18 minutes. The AT&T Tilt pooped out at 4 hours, 47 minutes, trailed by
the Pantech Duo at 4:46;
the Motorola Q9 Global at 4:43;
and the Palm Treo 750 at an abysmal 3:53.

The iPhone 3G also beat out competitors on Sprint and Verizon's EVDO mobile broadband networks, including the Palm Centro (4:19) and the Samsung Instinct (5:33).

Read the full article here.

Individual iPhone usage results courtesy of Gizmodo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow. Then that means V1 was miles ahead of all of these.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
There is one question answered for me being a Q user. It appears to be better and I am happy with the Q battery life,#G here I come. Thanks for posting.

John

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Verizons' Dare is missing from that list

The Dare isn't a smartphone; It's running a modified version of the operating system seen on Verizon's LG Voyager, with a lot of fun features.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
There is one question answered for me being a Q user. It appears to be better and I am happy with the Q battery life,#G here I come. Thanks for posting.

John

You'll enjoy your new iPhone 3G. I know I do.:laugh2: