iPhone 3G Black Screen when call is disconnected iOS 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by arjun_salaria, Oct 28, 2011.

1. arjun_salaria

arjun_salaria New Member

Hi,

I have an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken with RedSnow. Everything was working fine until this black screen issue showed up. When I disconnect a call sometimes my screen just goes black and it only shows the status bar. I have attached the screen shots below.

In a day if I making 6 calls, it will happen with 4 of the calls. I do not have so many apps. Please let me know what can be done. Is this something related to LCD or just a software issue?

One more thing. There was this single horizontal line on my iPhone a month ago but one day it just disappeared. Not sure if something is related between these two issues.

Would really appreciate any response on the same!

Picture 029.png

Picture 031.png

Picture 030.png

Thanks,
    Arjun

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I had this same problem with my iPhone 4. A hard-reset fixed the it for me :)

3. arjun_salaria

arjun_salaria New Member

Thank you so much for the quick response. Will backup my data and all other stuff. Once done will let you know.

Thanks again. This website rock in terms of reply for sure.

Arjun

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Just to confirm a hard-reset isn't a restore. To hard-reset your phone you need to hold down both the home button and power buttons - release both buttons when you see the white Apple logo. Your phone should reboot.

5. arjun_salaria

arjun_salaria New Member

Got it. Just did complete restore thing. Will check this now for a day. Thanks again John and have a great time.

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Hope you get it working :)

Have a good weekend.

7. arjun_salaria

arjun_salaria New Member

Hi John,

Seems like I am in trouble again. I did everything restore. After restore didn't installed any apps and same thing happened. I was talking to my brother, disconnected his call and same black screen again. Seems like it is the LCD but I am not sure it can be any other hardware.

Will check on it later, enjoying my weekend with new episode of Supernatural TV series. You have a great weekend too.
    Arjun

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

When you restored did you set up as new?

9. arjun_salaria

arjun_salaria New Member

Yep. Just like a fresh start but no luck...:(

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's possible that it's a hardware problem. The horizontal line you had is another possible indication of that. I would try restoring to factory settings on a different firmware version and testing it.

How are you getting back to the springboard after the screen turns black? Rebooting?

11. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

If you have an Apple store close by book an appointment at the genius bar and seek a replacement. Has the phone been dropped or knocked? I don't think any wires have come away because you can still see your springboard and the statusbar doesn't disappear when these problems arise.

Apple will probably give you a replacement on the spot if you're within warranty.