iPhone 3G? Blackberry Storm? Blackberry Bold?

ktownerxx213

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Los Angeles
HI guys,

I have white iPhone 3g right now

but, I wanna try some new now :T like blackberry storm or bold...

I saw a lot of reviews, and said all these three are similar in performance...

Is it worth it to change it to blackberrys?

any suggestion?

I love my iPhone but, I know the NEW iPhone will come out again (like always)
on june so....

suggestions ? :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
HI guys,

I have white iPhone 3g right now

but, I wanna try some new now :T like blackberry storm or bold...

I saw a lot of reviews, and said all these three are similar in performance...

Is it worth it to change it to blackberrys?

any suggestion?

I love my iPhone but, I know the NEW iPhone will come out again (like always)
on june so....

suggestions ? :)
I have the Bold and it really is a great phone. I would say it's worth it...
Since this is an iPhone forum, go check out our sister site, everythingberry.com. There's a few members, including myself, that either have both the iPhone and Bold, and some members that completely switched. There's another member who has the iPhone, Bold, and Storm, so you'll definitely get some great feedback over there. :)

map1978

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
I was bored with the Bold after 2 months and sold it. I just don't need personal/work email in push fashion. If your a messaging nut, you can't go wrong with a BB. The screen is AMAZING but I personally just got bored with it, and I changed the bezel and buttons to all black. I'm a media nut so having a ipod with a phone (in NYC streets/subways all day/night) fits me better. Sold the Bold and now use iPhone 3G full time. If I can only find that perfect case.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I was bored with the Bold after 2 months and sold it. I just don't need personal/work email in push fashion. If your a messaging nut, you can't go wrong with a BB. The screen is AMAZING but I personally just got bored with it, and I changed the bezel and buttons to all black. I'm a media nut so having a ipod with a phone (in NYC streets/subways all day/night) fits me better. Sold the Bold and now use iPhone 3G full time. If I can only find that perfect case.
How much did you sell the Bold for? I am wondering how much people sell their used Bolds for, but of course unlocked (legally or with software, doesn't matter). Of course looking at eBay is not my thing, I really hate eBay.

map1978

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
How much did you sell the Bold for? I am wondering how much people sell their used Bolds for, but of course unlocked (legally or with software, doesn't matter). Of course looking at eBay is not my thing, I really hate eBay.
I sold mine for $450, with extras (OEM horizontal case, charging dock)

The Bold has no re-selling value at all. My Nokia devices and 1st gen iPhone were the only devices where I got top dollar. BB's suck for that. You can find them for $400 easy.

bobII

Jan 31, 2009
California
The blackberry bold is overall a better phone, but I couldn't go back to a blackberry at this point!

bobII

Jan 31, 2009
California
I'm sure this made sense and it's just me that doesn't understand?
Actually I have a Blackberry 8800 but ever since I bought an iPhone, there is no reason for me to use it. The iPhone is a much better device. Better web browser, email client, applications... Was my post really that difficult to understand?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I don't really like the BB Storm touchscreen. I'd rather have the Bold's trackball. And then again, if I didn't have my iPhone I might go for the HTC Fuze.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I'm sure this made sense and it's just me that doesn't understand?
Same. But umm, even some awesome cars have no re-selling value, plus I'm not the kind of people who like to sell things tbh, neither my nor my parents so it'll be okay. Plus the BlackBerry Bold seems to be the wisest choice to me, it has a qwerty, good size, nice OS, good for businesss (I didn't reach there yet :)), nice camera (Someone took pictures using it and posted them, I don't remember who it was but maybe you? And the quality was as good as a N95's, and much better than the iPhone's to be honest), black color :laugh2:, and a lot of other qualities. It's just perfect.

BlkIS300

Dec 25, 2008
NC
I played with a storm today, I HATED it. I didn't see a bold there, but it was crowded as ever.

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow
I hate Blackberrys.. never demo'd a Bold yet, but I couldn't stand the 8700c, The Curves, the Pearls. Bleh. The Bold looks cool, but... the screen... I just can't go back to a screen that size. And I love the touch-screen thing goin' on with the iPhone. The storm looks like it would be cool because of the screen size and its a touch-screen, but.. I don't think I would want one.

tgeekb

Aug 4, 2008
Completely different devices. Depends on what you use them for. For me, I left Blackberry for the iPhone and couldn't be happier.

VALET dude

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
Las Vegas
off topic....
i have an iPhone 3G now and was thinking of buying a blackberry bold from a friend. can i use my sim card on the blackberry? just wanna have both worlds ya know ;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
off topic....
i have an iPhone 3G now and was thinking of buying a blackberry bold from a friend. can i use my sim card on the blackberry? just wanna have both worlds ya know ;)
Yes, you'll be able to, but you won't be able to use email or anything other BlackBerry features like BB Messenger. To compensate, switch from an iPhone 3G plan to a BlackBerry Bold plan. They are exactly the same price, and this way, you'll be able to use all the BlackBerry features, and ALL the iPhone features except Visual Voicemail.