iPhone 3G bricked? Maybe?

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by Daniel Restrepo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Daniel Restrepo

Daniel Restrepo New Member

Hola!

I just got an iPhone 3G from my friend. The screen is black. When I connect it to iTunes it recognizes the phone and it tells me that it has found an iPhone in recovery mode and that I have to restore it. I do what iTunes tell me and followed the instructions. This is what showing up next: [​IMG][​IMG] It stayed like that......It did not restore at it.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try rebooting the computer if you haven't already. If you still get error 9, delete the .ipsw (firmware) file and press the restore button. iTunes will download the file again at that point. The one that you downloaded the first time might be corrupt.

ipsw location on Windows XP :
    Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

ipsw location on Windows Vista/Windows 7:
    Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

3. Daniel Restrepo

Daniel Restrepo New Member

Nothing!

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You deleted the ipsw, restored again and still got error 9? If so, try restoring on a different computer.

5. Skimball

Skimball Member
    Bronze

I had the same error on my iPhone. I had to reformat my hard drive to get a functional iTunes. My suggestion is go to an Apple store and have them restore it or use a different computer. The phone would sync after restoration but I could never upgrade the ios without getting that error.