iPhone 3G Call quality question

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I live in salt lake city and am currently an owner of the first iPhone. The call quality on that phone is honestly pretty lack luster. I am thinking of getting the new one but was wondering if there are any other forum users that can tell me if there is a difference in the SLC area, and if not in this area if you can comment on the call quality compared to the V1 phone. According to the ATT site the SLC area is a highly covered 3G area (if that helps in making a comparison that is more applicable).

Any feedback would be appreciated!

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
If I were you, I'd get the new 3G. I live in Dallas and it says the same thing about it here as it does for SLC. The call quality is MUCH better for me.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
If I were you, I'd talk to more people from SLC. I live in Denver and the coverage maps on the AT&T site show heavy 3G concentration as well. Unfortunately, that's not the case and I live in downtown. I've turned my 3G off and rely on EDGE until the reception issue gets sorted out.
My advice would be to wait until more members from SLC chime in or get feedback from locals around town using the new phone.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
MileHighRob is right. Try talking to people you know in SLC that have iPhone 3G's about the connection. You don't want to spend $200-$300 and then after find out you don't even have a good connection!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
You can do what I did....I spent $200 on a 3G and don't even live in an area with 3G coverage ;)