iPhone 3G clear/plastic 'shield'

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
So i've been looking at a few different products for clear armor to show my beauty off, and have seen the following:

• Ghost Armor
  • InvisibleSheild (Zagg)
  • Clear Armor (via Case Mate)
  • BodyGaurdz
Anyways, all look the same, similar process, but how nice is the final product after drying? How is the removal? Will it be tacky forever?

Personal opinions, I just really don't want the bulk of an outside case.

Thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
So i've been looking at a few different products for clear armor to show my beauty off, and have seen the following:

• Ghost Armor
  • InvisibleSheild (Zagg)
  • BodyGaurdz
Anyways, all look the same, similar process, but how nice is the final product after drying? How is the removal? Will it be tacky forever?

Thanks
I haven't heard of 2 of those, but I have used the invisibleSheild before and liked it.
My only problem is that if it's not done correctly, you are going to have a corner pop up somewhere. 2 options at that time. if there is no dirt or anything under the shield, apply more solution and hold it down longer till it stays down - OR - if it won't stick down, use a razor blade and shave it off.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109

• Ghost Armor
  • InvisibleSheild (Zagg)
  • BodyGaurdz

Thanks
I have never used bodyguardz, clear armor or ghost armour. I am a usual customer of Zagg and Bestskinsever and I ordered both. On the gen 1 iPhone the Zagg was the best but on the 3G iPhone the chrome bezel is not fully covered so the BSE is what is staying on mine even though it comes in 2 pieces for the back which I don't really like. Still the BSE wins for now though Invisi shield has been known to quickly modify their products to fit more perfect after initial launch.

BLIK

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I know I can't wait for them to get them in stock

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
so are these cases/skins are they hard to apply and do they get a lot of bubbles?

Aug 9, 2007
I used both the Invisible Shield and the Bodyguardz on my V1. I preferred the Bodyguardz design which was 2 pieces, as opposed to the Invisible Shield, which had two main (front & back) pieces, plus two thin strips to cover the chrome bezel, plus four "dots' for the corners. So for my 3G, I went with the Bodyguardz. It's again a 2-piece system and offers almost 100% coverage. Fits perfectly, and is as easy to install as any of them. (None are what I'd call easy).
I've also ordered a Naked Case to try out when they become available.

mhochman

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Bar Harbor, Maine
I know I can't wait for them to get them in stock
No doubt, it looks like the PERFECT case for what i want. somethign that will protect the phone, but not be as bulky as the rubberized skins, AND will fit in a side holster...

I ordered a rubber skin case and will use that until these come in stock...

can you pre-order these? if so i may go ahead and do it

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Ive used 2 different cases like this for my v1 and it scratched the aluminum horribly while inserting and extracting the phone from the case. Use supreme caution while using this hard plastic. Another issue I had was if you dropped the phone, sometimes the case would snap apart.
So what did you end up finally using for your iPhone and what are you going to use for your v.2? I am still trying to decide if i should just buy one of those invisishields or an actual in case i just hate trying to take those rubbery ones out of your pocket its such a pain.

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Eh, those clear cases still seem to bulky for me. Think I'm going to give the invisibleShield/bodyguardz a try. Hows the removal of them in the event of a new one or just don't like it?

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
So what did you end up finally using for your iPhone and what are you going to use for your v.2? I am still trying to decide if i should just buy one of those invisishields or an actual in case i just hate trying to take those rubbery ones out of your pocket its such a pain.
Agreed, I'm not a "holster on the hip" kinda guy and not a fan of a hard plastic/rubber shell on top of the shell which is the phone... it's just too sexy

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Eh, those clear cases still seem to bulky for me. Think I'm going to give the invisibleShield/bodyguardz a try. Hows the removal of them in the event of a new one or just don't like it?
Peels off like a sticker.

rmfnla

Bronze
Agreed, I'm not a "holster on the hip" kinda guy and not a fan of a hard plastic/rubber shell on top of the shell which is the phone... it's just too sexy

I agree. I used a Belkin Slim-Fit on my V.1 and it works fine on my 3G, too.

Whole thing slips into my pocket or waistband (inside) and the phone slides out nice and easy. The spring clip keeps it secure and the fabric lining helps to clean the screen, too.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
INCASE Slider. best hard shell case on the market in my book.

goincase.com

matseel

Jul 13, 2008
Can u reapply the zagg once you take it off?

Jul 1, 2008
INCASE Slider. best hard shell case on the market in my book.

goincase.com
This case is awesome, but according to their website, the Slider for the iPhone 3G won't be out till August. Soon enough, I guess. I've got an InvisibleShield on my phone now, but I'll probably take the back off and put it in a Slider, but leave the screen protector on.