iPhone 3G crashing a lot after update

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
i finally got my laptop back a week ago and i updated my iPhone to the new software but ever since iv done it my phone has been crashing 3 + times a day. really bad to. it freezes then i press the home button... nothin then i keep pressing the home button and then it goes to my music and then just completly freezes and it takes maybe 5+ minutes for it to get it up and running again. any recommendations on what i should do?

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I would try and restore...if no help then make an appointment with a Genius at Apple. A stock iPhone shouldn't behave like that.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
every since i updated the carrier i've been having issues where before i'd have signal and now i don't.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
reboot? you mean restore through the computer? because if you mean just on the phone iv done it a hundred times.
Rebooting is done by holding the power and home buttons simultaneously and ignoring the red slide to turn off button. If you slide to turn off, it's more like hibernation or sleep mode. If rebooting doesn't work, restore it in iTunes.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Rebooting is done by holding the power and home buttons simultaneously and ignoring the red slide to turn off button. If you slide to turn off, it's more like hibernation or sleep mode. If rebooting doesn't work, restore it in iTunes.
I'm pretty sure that when you slide to turn off, it turns off. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've always heard that it's more like sleep mode and you have to ignore the slide to turn off to get it to really reboot rather than just wake from sleep/hibernation.