iPhone 3G dock connector problem

Sep 13, 2011
My iPhone 3g will not recognize being plugged into the computer (any computer). There is no response from either the phone or the pc when the iPhone is firmly connected at both sides. is has been reset 3 times and responds to being plugged into the wall charger fine. The dock connector assembly has been replace but the same symptoms persisted.
At one point i got it to connect but this was a very temperamental process as the phone connected and then disconnected continuously over and over again.

any thoughts?
thanks.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Turn the phone off and hold down the home button when connecting the device to the computer.

Sep 13, 2011
The connect to iTunes screen has come on but nothing has happened on the pc. i opened iTunes myself but still nothing.

thanks for the quick reply btw.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The connect to iTunes screen has come on but nothing has happened on the pc. i opened iTunes myself but still nothing.

thanks for the quick reply btw.
Try a different USB cable and/or another port Or another computer.

Sep 13, 2011
i've tried 3 different computers and 3 different usb cables. I've also tried the different usb cables with a wall charger and they all work fine. Im beginning to think its something to do with the motherboard because i replaced the dock assembly and it still has the same problem.

Sep 13, 2011
Update: The phone has mysteriously connected to iTunes and is updating and restoring. Just have to wait and see if it still works afterwards. Thanks for your help!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Update: The phone has mysteriously connected to iTunes and is updating and restoring. Just have to wait and see if it still works afterwards. Thanks for your help!
Glad you got it sorted. In future, you may need to put your device into DFU mode.

Sep 13, 2011
After going out and putting all my numbers into it. i came home and it wont connect again. i swear this phone has a mind of its own.